Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have A 2013 XCC. I put Arlen Ness big honkers on last summer. They're just not doing it for me.... I want this thing to breathe!!! I like LOUD pipes!! Any suggestions on what kind to get? I want a full system, no slip-ons. Thanks

·
Registered
206 Posts
No cats, gutted mufflers.

Is sound what you're after or performance?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Let me know if your getting rid of the Honkers. I might be interested. I have semi gutted stock mufflers and looking for something louder.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
No cats, gutted mufflers.

Is sound what you're after or performance?
^^^ I second that! Just chop off the end, rip out the guts, weld in a larger exit hole and your good to go. Should be pretty damn loud. You MAY lose a bit of lower rpm tq, but everything in life is compromise.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I have A 2013 XCC. I put Arlen Ness big honkers on last summer. They're just not doing it for me.... I want this thing to breathe!!! I like LOUD pipes!! Any suggestions on what kind to get? I want a full system, no slip-ons. Thanks
If you think the Honkers were "not loud" then there may not actually BE anything loud enough for you as they are some of the loudest out there. However, if you want a FULL pipe then you HAVE to go with the Freedom Duals as they are about the only choice and yes, they ARE (a bit) louder than the Honkers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let me know if your getting rid of the Honkers. I might be interested. I have semi gutted stock mufflers and looking for something louder.
When I get some new pipes here soon, I'll definitely be selling these. I'll let you know as soon as I do.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Well I'd like a bit of both.
Sorry but in most cases, those are diametric opposed. If you INSIST on straight pipes, you ARE going to loose power EVERY SINGLE TIME. This is due to the way these V-Twins have been designed. You see, a specific amount of back pressure is REQUIRED in order for the engine to perform at it's best POWER. Remove the cats & put straight pipes on it and you will have ABOLISHED that design. Sure, you will get a louder sound but you will be giving up on power.

About the only way that you can save some of that power loss is to simply retain the OEM cats and add a set of slip ons. As an example, the Ness Honkers have been shown to produce more power than direct pipes.

·
Registered
262 Posts
you have two things working against you on the cross bikes if you want a loud exhaust. First is the head pipes with the cats. Second is how long the pipes are. The best choices for loud pipes are bassini two into one or hmd hot rod exhaust. Patriot performance true duals are loud but have a good tone.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Bassani

I just bought a 13 Cross Country today. My Harley had Screamin Eagles on it. They sold me the "4" Quick Change Black Muffler Victory Cross Roads/Country & Hardball" plus the tuner. How do these sound? It has the 50 state legal'son it and its very weak!! Opinions?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts