Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for used trioval pipes, or any other used slipons for a cross country.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Exactly. After seeing people selling used in the Facebook group for double that I had zero hesitation buying those. :)

Only problem is if you are a chrome lover but I'm anti chrome on bright colored bikes.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
There's some hopeful seller offering new chrome tri-oval pipes for $499 per side. Good luck, buddy. >.<

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I've seen them selling for that used with scratches. From my understanding the kit was $999 from Victory black or chrome?
It's hard to pay 4x as much for a slip on that really doesn't look bad in black with chrome heads.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
JCWhittney

A few weeks ago I got a new muffler for my XR. Cost me $28 for one from JCWhitney. Did away with the left muffler years ago, made it a two into one. Ordered a "RedHot" muffler 2.25" inlet & outlet muffler and installed it. Very happy with muffler do not plan on changing this one again, but I said that before. Bike sounds good now I am told. Oh yes I had to buy a can of black header paint, the muffler came painted red. No it was not a direct bolt on. Had to do some fab work to put it on.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
?????? You bought an OEM muffler from JCW for $28? ?????????:eek
I think he meant that he picked up a "cherry bomb" style muffler and installed it into the muffler housing.

·
Premium Member
13,043 Posts
A few weeks ago I got a new muffler for my XR. Cost me $28 for one from JCWhitney. Did away with the left muffler years ago, made it a two into one. Ordered a "RedHot" muffler 2.25" inlet & outlet muffler and installed it. Very happy with muffler do not plan on changing this one again, but I said that before. Bike sounds good now I am told. Oh yes I had to buy a can of black header paint, the muffler came painted red. No it was not a direct bolt on. Had to do some fab work to put it on.
I think he meant that he picked up a "cherry bomb" style muffler and installed it into the muffler housing.
If you read his post again he had made the exhaust a 2-1 and needed to buy high temp paint because the "Cherry Bomb" was red. It sounds like he modified it to hook right up with the header pipes directly. Probably had to weld some pipe to the Cherry Bomb. He might still be using some kind of heat shield.

I'd like to see a picture of this setup.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
pictures

Bbob no pictures today, sorry. May post up later if you really want. This time I did just use the Red Hot(cherry bomb type glass pack) muffler straight onto the stock header pipe: used a flex pipe like on a front wheel drive car to go to the header pipe then welded that to the muffler. So no it is not hidden in the Victory muffler, much simpler, looks different. Maybe ugly to some, but it works. As I say my neck gets redder every year, ha, ha. I do not care about chrome pipes anymore, a muffler painted header black works for me now. We no longer have to run our bikes through emissions here in Az so I do not care about the muffler saying Victory on it or Polaris. The last muffler was an old Triumph performance muffler, just did not sound good to me,the tone was not good. The new muffler has a very nice deep tone to it.

·
Premium Member
13,043 Posts
I have a set of the glasspacks in both stock muffler shells (2") but went with the Tri-Ovals when they went on sale. I prefer the tone of the glasspacks and will probably go back to them at some point. I think they produce more power than the T-O's too.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
My exhaust is a WD's cherry bomb setup that I bought used off a member when I first joined the forum 6 years ago. I still love the sound they make and that is why I am also hesitant to go with a set of tri-ovals. The welds on my WD pipes are starting to rust so need to take them out and paint them. I figured I would look on witchdoctors site to see what he charges for modified stock exhaust these days and to my surprise I couldn't find them! Guess he is out of the modifying exhaust business.

·
Registered
530 Posts
My exhaust is a WD's cherry bomb setup that I bought used off a member when I first joined the forum 6 years ago. I still love the sound they make and that is why I am also hesitant to go with a set of tri-ovals. The welds on my WD pipes are starting to rust so need to take them out and paint them. I figured I would look on witchdoctors site to see what he charges for modified stock exhaust these days and to my surprise I couldn't find them! Guess he is out of the modifying exhaust business.
there is always Miller Mufflers..... I get comments all the time about mine. even had some harley guys say that it sounds good. :)

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Mounted “Red Hot” glass pack. Did NOT install it inside the Victory muffler. Made a bracket to support the saddle bags.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Post an audio of that when you have it done.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Seriously. Pictures don’t do crap when it comes to something like this. Send us some video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
sound

Will try to do a video this weekend hopefully. Lots of BS going on lately. Guy at work says it sounds really deep, got to agree with him. I like it much better than that old Triumph muffler I had on there before. Wish I had recorded they way it sounded with the old muffler to compare it with the new.
:|

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Tried to post up a sound video of the new muffler. Do not know how to post a video. Sorry about that. Tried to do it on my phone.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
how about a few pics of the fabbd bracket that holds the bags. did you remove the cross over as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts