Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Bought a new 09 Kingpin almost 2 years ago. Traded in a HD Road King for it. Never regretted it. I have the 8-ball, and this is the first bike I've never had the need to replace the factory seat to be comfortable on for any kind of long distance ride.
I have the 5 speed tranny, which does just fine at highway speeds. I get about 42 mpg's and/or 225 miles on a tank.
These bikes do NOT have a fuel gauge, just a light that comes on when there's a couple of gallon's left in the tank. Mine usually starts glowing around 150 miles. There's a trip odometer, so it's easy to keep track of how many miles you've gone since your last fill up.
No shortage of power, handles great, both of which you probably already know from taking a test ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, my last bike was a Honda VTX and it had certain issues, such as a clank when downshifting. I am wondering if the kingpin, is prone to certain issues as such. During the test ride, the bike seemed to have plenty of get up and go, I dont think it handled as well as the VTX but the front tire is very well worn and needs replaced. I also noticed that at the bottom of the rear fender the paint had orange peeled. I just want to know what the bottom line is on the bike, such as mechanical issues, costs of service, just anything you have to offer on the 06 Kingpin.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Service wise, like the VTX you've only got one hole and one fluid for engine and tranny. Easy to do yourself.
There are no "known" issues after "X" amount of miles on the Kingpin, or Vegas, which are the same bikes, except for fenders and wheels. No complaints from any forum members on factory paint. I would head out anywhere on my bike and never have worry one about getting there and back w/out issue.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
The Kingpin, in my opinion, should handle better and outperform a VTX. I would be curious how the rear suspension was adjusted on the kingpin....are the fork tubes weeping fluid ...how do the steering bearings feel...any slop or overly stiff....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts