Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried buying just regular old bars and grips to put on ur vic? I've been looking at demoncycles.com and they have very low prices but like everything else it all says "hd" their inch and a quarter bars neck down to one inch at the ends for the grips and then the grips they sell should fit too. What do u guys think?

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Mounting is spaced different so solid mount bars or the knurled portion won't fit either.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are there any other rubber mount bars? Which I don't actually like all that much.. that would mount? It just sucks to have to pay 300 for bars that the hd guys can get for 90

·
13,263 Posts
I don't know your bike but h-d bars are (one inch) where the grips go and where the riser clamp is on "all" there bars except v-rod even the 1" 1/4 bars are one inch in those places.

The knurling part by be way might be off to fit your riser clamps but knurling keeps the bars in place when you pull on them when doing ape hangers.

If you go to a dealer like a after market store you can look in the Drag Specialties, Custom Chrome, and Bikers Choice catalogs and they will give you measurement of center width pull back and end to end. You might get a better price on the net but the dealer helped you so help him out by buying from him.

T bars might have a different center to center then your bike maybe ( I'm guessing h-d is 3 1/2 on center) so do some measuring and write down the information so as to help the dealer out. Look smart when you ask questions instead of going "I don't know" Dealers hates guys that don't know.

What ever one inch grip's you want will work just fine. Please don't buy grips (with out) the the throttle sleeve. You'll just be screwing your self.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I no to verify center mounting width and I'm looking at drag style bars so i won't have to worry about knurling or clamps I just wonder how a solid mount bar would mount compared to our rubber mounts

·
13,263 Posts
Vibration is what you'll get with a solid mount :crzy:

·
Registered
1 Posts
mopar, i'm real new to this also, but i went to jpcycles, & got a set of drag bars for my 08 vegas low ... at a great price ... just know size $ knurl ...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replies. I'm gonna take some measurement on my bike and then probably try some no name bars out. I'll post back how things work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts