Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make or sell extended handlebar wiring for aftermarket handlebars so I can internally wire them?
It's easy enough to cut and splice, but the color-coding I have an issue with as I can't think of a good way to color code without buying 25 spools of different color wiring. Tape with a label will get ripped off when I run the wires through the bars. Any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Does anyone make or sell extended handlebar wiring for aftermarket handlebars so I can internally wire them?
It's easy enough to cut and splice, but the color-coding I have an issue with as I can't think of a good way to color code without buying 25 spools of different color wiring. Tape with a label will get ripped off when I run the wires through the bars. Any other ideas?
try http://www.namzcustomcycleproducts.com/products/handlebar_extension_kits_07_up.html#top
This is what I use for HD's...maybe they can work on VIC or possibly work with you on it.

·
Registered
545 Posts
For just about the same price as a pre-cut kit, you can buy the different color spools and needed connectors and have wire and connectors left over... google... bing... yahoo...

·
13,242 Posts
If you cut the wires in the middle and add wire in the middle you would have the correct colors on each end now wouldn't you.

So if you had a pink wire and cut it in half and add green you would be fine.

The trick is to stager your cuts so you don't have one big lump in the middle.

Soldier and shrink tube NO electrical tape.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, No. Cutting in the middle would not work as I need to run the wires through the handlebars and directly through the triple trees. So the plastic connector has to be wired after wires are completely run.
I guess im gonna go searching tomorrow for 20 different wire colors.

·
Premium Member
13,706 Posts
Well, No. Cutting in the middle would not work as I need to run the wires through the handlebars and directly through the triple trees. So the plastic connector has to be wired after wires are completely run.
I guess im gonna go searching tomorrow for 20 different wire colors.
I think his point was that you could use any color wire in between as long as both ends were the original color. Do them one at a time if you have to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts