Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a 2011 XR and its doing great! I have been thinking about getting a service plan, especially since I hear about this "C" clip transmission issue from time to time. I talked with a guy from a company called Discount ESP. If you have some thoughts about this would you please share them. Thanks.

John

·
13,262 Posts
don't think thats covered. Read the fine print.

Do you guys know there is a inside and outside to the C clip

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yes! A C-clip is a stamped out clip. One edge will be sharp and very crisp, the other side will be rounded. The clip is always installed with the sharp edge toward the outside or pressure force direction. This is unless the install instruction say otherwise. My experience as a 50 year aircraft mechanic has proven this over and over, as if installed the other-way it might / will come out of the grove.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
If your an ex aircraft mechanic then why would you pay for an extended service plan? If it goes out than fix it but odds are it never will. Extended service plans are sold for a reason, they are huge money makers for the company selling them.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I bought extended warranties for two of my bikes. Not worth the money IMO. The warranty company decides what they'll pay and you'll have no say in their decision.

·
Premium Member
5,075 Posts
If your an ex aircraft mechanic then why would you pay for an extended service plan? If it goes out than fix it but odds are it never will. Extended service plans are sold for a reason, they are huge money makers for the company selling them.
Seems to be the case.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Extended warranties benefit a very small fraction of the buyers. Statistically, they are a financial mistake for the vast majority of persons who buy them. They have a HUGE profit margin, cover way less than you think they will, and usually go unused.

Reactions: NAB

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
When I bought my XC in 2011 I paid $1,000 dollars for a 6 year warranty. I never used it, never had to. I could have bought more accessories with that $1,000 dollars or never spent it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts