Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John from Witchdoctor said I was could only extend my bars by 2" maximum because the front brake lines on an ABS model Victory CCT could not modified. On the advise of John and a few dealers, I only went 2 inches. Although its now better than the stock bars I would like to go an additional 2 inches for a maximum of 4" extension. Unfortunately no one I approached on this project has offered a solution. Speigler and another brake shop is willing to try the mod if I take the entire line off the bike and ship it to them with no guarantee. Before jumping into this I wanted to reach out to CCT riders to see it anyone has attempted this mod? Would appreciate and pictures or comments before I jump into this. I am a new member and apologize if this topic has already been hashed over. I could find nothing on it before posting this.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Vicbaggers sells kit with extended lines you might ask them.

It says ABS.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vicbaggers sells kit with extended lines you might ask them.

It says ABS.

I reached out to you guys through your website and got no reply.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I reached out to you guys through your website and got no reply.
They don't work weekends and it's holiday season. Small little shop. Give them a call.

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
I already have extended Clutch and throttle cables. All I need is the Brake line. Will have to see if they will sell that separately.

Thanks
A break line is just a "hose" so yes I would do it,

On my Jack-Hammer my rear brake line got damaged, and I will take it completely out and a local shop will make a new flexible part at a brake line , cannot be that difficult...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Yes I thought the lines for ABS are just rubber so a shop should be able to reproduce those. Maybe I'm wrong I need to look at mine again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey L&L,

Am selling my 2016 CCT, but I put the Vertically Challenged - 4" pullback bars on mine, & with a little creative re-routing of all the lines, I didn't change anything! Bars are fantastic for a guy with short, T-Rex arms.
Just be sure to turn the bars lock to lock, b4 buttoning up your fairing.
One more tip: after riding 3K miles from GA to WA, I would've put the bars at least an inch higher than what I set them at, which was maximum pullback. While comfortable when jist sitting and testing, after being on the road, I was wishing for a tad more height & forwards lean....not much, tho!
There is a special place in hell for engineers, as they all seem to design sh!t that isn't practical to work on! Why aren't there just 2 holes in the fairing, that one can just thrust a large Allen wrench into, which will then loosen & tighten the bolts for handlebar adjustment, w/o having to loosen the whole fairing???!!!???

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
On a CCT you can loosen the bolts on the riser that hold the bars without having to do anything with the fairing. You access the bolt heads from the underside of the riser portion that contacts the bars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts