Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone spliced their handlebar wiring? If so, any tips, especially for making them look good and keeping water out? I know there is a guy in New Mexico who makes custom cables, but I don't think doing it myself would be that hard. The Baron Custom Nostalgia bars I want to put on are probably going to require longer cables all the way around.

·
13,003 Posts
for the wiring use shrink tubbing over all solder wires.
even look at youtube for tips on wiring and cable
Cable get a hold of witchdoctor

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I think maybe the stretchy, self-sealing silicone tape (AKA F-4 tape for you older Air Force guys) under the shrink wrap would further waterproof the connections.

·
Premium Member
13,190 Posts
I like your sig line troutbum.thumb up

You should stagger the length of the extension so you don't end up with one big fat spot if you are going to go through the bars. If you do one wire at a time; I don't even think it matters what color they are as long as the extensions are soldered in the middle of the wire somewhere so the color on the ends stay the same.

·
13,003 Posts
no need for the tape buy some gasket cinch auto store but some on and shrink the tube.
Will be way less build up

·
Registered
63 Posts
Get environmental splices if you don't want water to get in. Shrink tubing is okay for electrical insulation but is not water tight.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts