Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all... had a look at the Polaris parts site and have no idea what to call it as it's not listed as a part, but here goes:

I own a used 06 Vegas 8-Ball which came with a passenger seat installed. Wanted a cleaner look for some solo riding I did this past weekend so I decided to remove the rear seat. I removed 3 of the hex bolts (part #7518084) holding the eyebrows in place and, wouldn't you know it, the fourth bolt was ridiculously difficult to unscrew (rearmost bolt on the left eyebrow). I had a look at the "sleeve" (no idea what that threaded part that allows the bolt to screw in is called, basically an elongated nut) and sure enough it had been stripped a bit. I tried to clean off the threads the best I could without causing more damage but now the bolt won't screw in past a certain point at all... and the hex head stripped a bit from "HULK MAKE FIT!" torque application :eek:

So, to wrap this up, has this happened to anyone else? Any idea what that "sleeve" is called? Can it be replaced? What are my options for getting this fixed?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts