Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use an EZ Pass on the bike? I just got mine and I'm wondering if mounting it in my saddlebag is sufficient for it to work properly.
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
I took the headlight out and used velcro to stick it to the top of the fairing, works great and I dont have to look at it or worry about someone stealing it. If the battery dies its no big deal as here in Florida as long as we have it register to the tag of the vehicel its billed to the sunpass / ez pass account.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. I have the saddlebag organizers in the lid so I was hoping I could just put it in one of those. If it works where you mounted yours than it should work in the saddlebag lid.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a Kuryakyn Universal Accessory Pouch (#1479) for mine. It staps to the handlebar when I am going to use it and then I remove it and store in my saddlebag when I park in a public place and it's easy to switch to my other bike when I ride that. I tried several different products to hold my Fastrak and this is the easiest and most versatile.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/2774/Universal-Accessory-Pouches

~Marvin

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Keep mine in saddlebag...works fine for me.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Anybody use an EZ Pass on the bike? I just got mine and I'm wondering if mounting it in my saddlebag is sufficient for it to work properly.
You shouldn't need the transponder on the bike. The cameras will photo your plate and charge your account as long as you register your motorcycle plate to your account. Call the number on the transponder and ask for yourself.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
You shouldn't need the transponder on the bike. The cameras will photo your plate and charge your account as long as you register your motorcycle plate to your account. Call the number on the transponder and ask for yourself.
Be aware, though, that if you aren't registered at the point of entry you'll be charged the maximum toll for that road.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help guys. I have the victory lid organizers. Ill just put it in there and I suspect everything will be ok.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I-Pass is similar. I registered my bike plate and it deducts the correct toll every time.No need to carry the transponder with me. We a allowed up to 5 vehicles per transponder.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Don't use the kind that uses a suction cup to stick to the window. The vibration may cause the suction cup to lose suction and fall off in the middle of the New York turnpike. Happened to "someone" I know. ;)

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
I mount mine in a RAM claw with a 6" extension above the RAM/Victory clutch or brake perch. Some toll booths still have the arm that comes down. If the transponder doesn't register from being in the saddlebag or whatever, you have to read the serial number off the transponder to get the arm to lift. If I mounted it in the CCT fairing I'd have to remember the serial number if it didn't register. Or have the written down where it's easily accessible from sitting on the bike. Similar, but easier scenario if I place in the saddlebag.

The RAM mounts attach and disconnect so easily I find this the easiest process for toll ridden Illinois and Indiana.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts