Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I put my harley up for sale and now I can't seem to stop pacing the floor to get the phone call. On top of that, I find myself perpetually pacing the chopper exchange website looking for a good crossroads or cross country that would catch my eye and I keep flipping back over to the OTHER american brand scoping prices on roadglides, electras and roadkings.

I've taken my demo ride. I rode the kp and cr and I L O V E D them. Shoot even my wife L O V E D them. After the ride on the kingpin, she wasn't even going o wait for a cruise on a cross bike, she was ready to go right after the kp. I had to try a cross bike though. Yeah I'm suffering from a case of the (as my grandfather would say) "great gallopin' gimme's". The complication is that I don't even want o ride my harley, I've detailed it top to bottom, motor/frame/paint/rubber/seat/mags and I still just want to go into the garage and kick the thing onto it's side.

I so want my victory and I know it's whiny and complaining right now, but until the harley's gone, there's nothing that can be done right now. I want the demo truck back again, I had an awesome time, even better than at any h-d open house. My time will come eventually, andI won't settle for less than a vic when the time comes. I'm just hoping that I don't cave in to my gimmies and go for an h-d fl bike. Thanks for leting me bitch guys.

p.s. I came here to bitch because my wife said if I mention "victory" one more time, she'll hide the title to the harley on me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My Friend ....
I bought my 2011 XR in January at a place called "National Powersports" My journey in purchasing my bike was a quick one, but I will for sure buy anouther bike from them. I did trade my Kawi in on it, and made the trip to NH, YEP, thats right IA to NH in January trailering my Kawi out, bringing my XR back. Thank goodness for a mild winter. Anyways, if you go to their website right now they have a 2011 XC, white 2 tone in color, very nice bike. Anymore info you might need, give me a yell. I hope you have fun on your purchasing adventure, I know I did, and the people at NPS are great to work with...let me know !!!! :) :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks you friend, but right now the only way I'll be able to swing this is to sell the bike and pay a couple of blls down to get my credit rating above 700. Right now I'm sitting at 604, it won't take long, I'm just antsy and not wanting to fall back into the h-d wants again. It's hard to wait, even harder knowing that I could get a touring bike from orange and black for under 7k when I can get a crossbike that has the quality I want if I just wait a little bit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Let me tell ya something....Last year, in May, my wife was ready to upgrade from her Yamaha. We did sell it outright to a friend, and she had many choices. I live in a rural area, and there was no Vic dealer close buy, she really wanted one, but no local dealer put them out. Went to H/D and she fell in love with her current bike, a 2011 Street Glide, Sedona Orange, and she says she is finally content with the way its set up.

Just a few hours ago I had both bikes out in the driveway, and said I am going on a little ride on both. After doing that, I can honestly report to you, I LOVE MY BIKE !!!!!!I guess what I am sayin is always keep your options open, but I am very glad I have my VIC, and she does "EAT MY DUST"

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Not mine but a heck of a deal!

Pulled from another site for a bike in Florida...

Excellent condition 2010 Cross Country with low miles. (sic) offering this to forum members at a fire sale price of $12,500 with your choice of various options.

2010 Cross Country
Black, 8500 miles
Stage 1 pipes, air filter and flash (stock pipes available)
Metzeler 880's with 2500 miles
iPod adapter with custom AUX input on the faring
2 Victory specific RAM ball mounts
Factory CB radio with driver's headset (passenger wiring included)
Vision highway pegs mounted to floorboards, Cross Country brackets included
Cee Bailey lowers with 3 different size inserts
Sargent custom seat with Victory backrest OR Ultimate seat with Ultimate backrest, your choice
Passenger backrest with stock or Ultimate cover (proper one depending on which seat you select)
5 different windshields, Stock, Factory touring, CeeBailey Dragon, CeeBailey tour with wings and vent, cut down CeeBailey tour with vent hole.

(Has) got well over $22K into the bike and it's been very well maintained.

Email [email protected] or PM (me) for more info.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One small favor you CAN do for me, next time you take your vic out please think of me before you hit the starter and remember that sometime soon I'll be right there with you guys. I'm taking the right steps to do it, but things just aren't falling into place as fast as I want them to.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Patience grasshopper, good things come to those who wait...

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Advertise better and you may sell sooner. If you have your Sporty posted in a media that is available in paper only you're missing out on web shoppers; if you're advertising on web only you miss paper shoppers.

Other options are:
Get your bike out where it can be seen and slap a sign on it.
Talk to bike dealers and ask if you can post an ad on their bulletin board.
Raise the price a little on get a shop to consign it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
This may help you. I was looking researching for almost 3 months to get the right deal and trade. Or for someone to buy my busa. It was hard waiting knowing what i want. Even watched another forum member had the hard ball when i was still talking numbers. Then had everything lined up had to wait 2 weeks for the bike to even show up at the dealer. But i will tell you what it was worth every hour i waited. I love my hard ball. I get so many compliments from everyone that it usually takes me 20 minutes just to get gas. So it is easier said than done cut waiting is key to getting what you want.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This may help you. I was looking researching for almost 3 months to get the right deal and trade. Or for someone to buy my busa. It was hard waiting knowing what i want. Even watched another forum member had the hard ball when i was still talking numbers. Then had everything lined up had to wait 2 weeks for the bike to even show up at the dealer. But i will tell you what it was worth every hour i waited. I love my hard ball. I get so many compliments from everyone that it usually takes me 20 minutes just to get gas. So it is easier said than done cut waiting is key to getting what you want.
Dude, is that her in that big white package??? You must have been drooling at the mouth when you first saw that!!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
i looked for 12 months before i found my bike,
it was worth the wait.thumb up

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah that was her. It was an awesome experience. Even got to watch being assembled at the shop.here is another great picture.
Never look at a picture like that when you're watching warner bros. cartoons, for some reason I got a mental picture of the bike sneezing and everything on the bike falling off. Glad you were able to get yours in such a fashion.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Why not do this, trade it in on the new XC? My Vic dealer asked me what it would take to get me on the XC, I said give me an offer on my Ultra I can't refuse. So they gave me $1,000 over KBB trade in prices. That, on top of the taxes I saved from the huge trade-in amount, left me with little to say "No" to. So I traded my 2009 CVO Ultra in on my Cross Country, simple as that. Plus, I now have no worry of the new owner coming to my house to demand that I fix something that he/she broke.
It's worth a try thumb up

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As much as I love the cross country, remember the wife is the daughter of a motor officer. She's been raised around batwing fairings and is more or less overexposed. While she doesn't mind the windshield, the fairing is too much of a jump for her. Add in that I've only got 3/4 of a mile of a commute to and from work each way so the xc for me would be overkill for my daily usage. I was contacted this morning by a potential buyer for my bike off of craig's list so hopefully that will pan out. I keep geting more and more antsy to get on a victory. I've already sold 3 harley guys on victory so it feels like I'm being left out by even my own crew that I ride with.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Be very cautious with Craigslist buyers. There are some serious bad scams centered around those listings.

Good luck and hope you can get the Vic you are wanting soon!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well that's what the buyer was, a scammer. Was asking me to pay an "accounting fee" of $750, Since when do I have to pay anything to sell something and the grammatical errors on the "paypal" document were so bad it gave me a migraine trying to read it. I've pulled the ad from craigslist and have kept the ad on chopperexchange and ebay.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Well that's what the buyer was, a scammer. Was asking me to pay an "accounting fee" of $750, Since when do I have to pay anything to sell something and the grammatical errors on the "paypal" document were so bad it gave me a migraine trying to read it. I've pulled the ad from craigslist and have kept the ad on chopperexchange and ebay.
Yikes!! Glad you caught it and didn't fall for the scam!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts