Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I'm not digging the cut back fender either....

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
I like the trimmed fender, why not ha ha if it makes you happy I'm happy

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
If you like it, that is all that matters. For me, I don't see enough difference to warrant the time, effort, and money. Both versions look fine.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I've looked through the pics of custom XCs with bigger than stock front wheels, there was something common to them that I liked but it took a little bit to figure it out. Then I realized it wasn't the wheel as much as it was the fender/wheel setups I liked. What they had in common was a fender tip-to-tip/axle line. I dig the look.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think it looks good but would like to see a pic pulled back a bit so we can see the whole bike with shortened fender.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I kind of liked it but something was bugging me - then it hit me. The square fashion in which the fender was cut. I personally would like something like this, where the sides are cut at more of an angle.

(I like retouching photos)

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I kind of liked it but something was bugging me - then it hit me. The square fashion in which the fender was cut. I personally would like something like this, where the sides are cut at more of an angle.

(I like retouching photos)
Good touch up! Sort of combined what you suggested with the profile of the fairing.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Good touch up!
Thanks!

Interesting. The styled cut is definitely different. I'd like to see it on the wheel; it's not doing anything for me as is.

·
Registered
436 Posts
It kind of makes the front tire look larger I think.....many purchase larger front tires for the look. It's funny, another thread is talking about buying a larger, more wrapped around fender and then this one cuts the stock fender :laugh There is no shortage of different tastes! Next someone will go minimalist and take the fender off completely!
The bike looks great.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Fender rotation.

If you look at the fender when the front wheel is off look up under on the inside. I posted pictures some time ago, I had rotated the fender foreward on the factory bracket. I am pretty sure you could also rotate it reward if you wanted. You can do this without cutting the fender. I grinded off the stock rivets. Found some stainless steel rounded allen head bolts and re-installed the fender at a forward angle compared to stock, yes you could do this with it mounted reward I believe. Tried to post pictures again and photobucket is not working for me. I know this idea may sound crazy, but you could try the fender rotated first and try living with it on the bike for awhile. Then if you really liked it, you could take out your cut off wheel and cut away. Or just leave it alone and if you ever want to put it back to stock it is not that hard to do....... I know I am just cheap. To each there own.

·
Premium Member
8,780 Posts
Better proportioned for sure!

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
It definitely looks better than the straight cut. Well done.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts