Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the factory bluetooth adapter is still available? Yes, I know it's expensive and yes I know I can put a much cheaper alternative in my bag (and thanks to everyone who thought about helping me with that advice). But, I think I'd just rather get the factory one if I can.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
You can find them here and there. I got mine from Broggy. Then while working with it I think I found out there is a difference in the harness between his year and mine. Something screwy, would have to go check some threads here maybe.
Also depending on what blue-tooth headset your using you only need one "dongle" The harness runs around $120 or so and they get almost $100 for the dongle. So it is a pricey way to go. I did build a harness to use a "off the shelf" blue-tooth transmitter that worked OK. The bugs I had with the off shelf was could be finicky to connect and it was rechargeable, but could not be used while recharging. The OEM SENA can be a pain to get to connect. The more you use it I supose it gets easier. I really only use it when the wife and I ride for the most part.
Now for the headset I use is a SENA SMH10. It has the "music share" option, so once I connect to the bike audio, I just have to mash the buttons to make it connect hers also. SO no need to really have 2 of the $100 dongles. Here is one on e-bay, check years for correct part number. What year you need for. I dont remember if I just bought a new one or swapped pins around.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Above is Bluetooth output to a headset.
If you mean Bluetooth input that isn't an option outside of the mentioned adapter in the bag.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Sure it is. you just have to be smart enough to look the info up. I built a plug in from info from here and the other Victory site for pin out of radio. Bought the correct plug in for radio and shazam output from radio controlled by handle bar. one of the threads is here. By the way I rerouted the 3.5mm out put I had for a BT xmitter up to handle bar. If I want I can plug a ear bud into it vs using a headset.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts