Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
13,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the factory is producing 12 Victory models and 8 Indian models.
Yes I know there not doing them all at once but how many can they make is a day or in 24 hours. To think about all the motors that have to be assembled. Can't imagine how many cables tires bars and body parts there must be on hand. The plant is not that big. Their electrical bill must be out of sight.
Victory must be busting at the seams. I'm guessing they hirer every one that fills out a application.
Victory beer produced 141,000 barrels of beer in 2015 in Downingtown, Pa. They must be setting the pace for the bikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4lV4ACYXq0

·
Registered
132 Posts
Logistics. Correct parts and materials being staged and showing up on the right line at the right time is the key.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
There doesn't seem to be a problem with having parts for production bikes. The problem is not having any extra parts on hand or in dealerships to replace failed parts on sold bikes.

Note that any smart assembly line ensures that all parts for the end product are available and inspected prior to starting assembly. Bad as it sounds, humans are the weak spot in the assembly process as it is impossible to determine if they'll show up on schedule.

·
Registered
71 Posts
For some reason, I assumed that more of the production would be automated. Of course, in this video we don't see the engine being assembled or the frame being welded together. That was a fun vid though.

·
13,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The engines are assembled over in Wi. and the factory is down in IA.

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Yeah fun vid and cool music.
Echoes Ammos concern on spares though, a great machine should have equally good spares backup.
Some of us keep a bike not flick it for the latest every 2 years.

·
Registered
314 Posts
That's an old video, I'll bet the line looks nothing like that today.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Talked to some guys at the KC Harley plant. They make like 3 or 4 models there. The way he explained it at the time, was they would gear up and make like Sporsters for a month. Then switch of to Fat Boy or whatever. Kind of makes sense. More so than trying to run all models at same time.

·
13,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I heard Vic builds bikes by what dealer orders. So if a dealer orders 4 cc and one vegas that's what they build. Now this was back when Vic was the only bike being built there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts