Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well 2013 spells the death for both of my bikes in the line-up....along with what i like about my bikes....
no cruiser has dual disc anymore.
they killed brembos back in 08 but im still mad!!!!
and no inverted forks on a skinny tire rear (i guess two good handling options on one bike just wasn't working)

so my question is- does victory have to have substantial growth before we will see factory options like this?
like a special order bike where i could order a boardwalk with inverted forks, dual disc, billet wheels, and upgraded brakes.

whats holding them back on this? all the bikes are made under the same roof, if im buying a parts bin bike already, i wanna pick the parts. the costumer would have to pony up the coin for these things but atleast they would have what they want. but i guess this wont work until we have massive dealers that stock 50+ bikes a year.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Went into Vic's web site last night to view the new bikes. The only XR shown was the LE version which they renamed Classic. Vic is really churning models these days.

·
13,262 Posts
well 2013 spells the death for both of my bikes in the line-up....along with what i like about my bikes....
and no inverted forks on a skinny tire rear (i guess two good handling options on one bike just wasn't working)

so my question is- does victory have to have substantial growth before we will see factory options like this?
like a special order bike where i could order a boardwalk with inverted forks, dual disc, billet wheels, and upgraded brakes.

whats holding them back on this? all the bikes are made under the same roof, if im buying a parts bin bike already, i wanna pick the parts. the costumer would have to pony up the coin for these things but atleast they would have what they want. but i guess this wont work until we have massive dealers that stock 50+ bikes a year.
Why not look for a crashed bike and change the front end make yours what you want don't wait for them to make it

·
Registered
148 Posts
Victory seems to be going cheap. First no tip-overs on the 8-ball Vision, wentbfrom passenger boards to pegs on XC. My next vic was going to be a XR, but I am going to give the Road King a good look first.

·
Registered
368 Posts
That was the deal with the "8-ball" lineup going in. A blacked out, stripped down version of that model line.
Road King is about the same weight and comparably priced. Speaking from experience, make sure you get that extended warranty... you'll need it. Might want to pick up some asbestos crotch pants too, as those bikes will roast your nuts.

One thing you can count on HD for is never changing a bike year after year, except for which color other than black you get to pay extra for.

·
Registered
530 Posts

How dumb to remove brembo brakes, who wouldn't pay extra for those?

They're doing what most manufacturers are doing nowdays downgrading the product and charging more for it, it's a double windfall of income for them.

Cost on everything are going through the roof. Charging a $1,000.00 dollars more the the same model with no significant upgrades or even in some cases downgrades makes me feel as though I'm helping folks pay a little for their 2012 models.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am currently looking for a hammer front end for my kp so that if and when my brother gets a salvage bike, I'll put my kp forks on it.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 7 of 7 Posts