Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an '09 Vegas and I have been noticing a faint klack coming from my engine recently. It happens when I am under low power, less than 2500 rpm's. It is not as loud as a first gear transmission engagement, more of a sharp, quiet klack. It doesn't miss and I don't lose any power when it happens. I just did my 500 mile oil change a little over 250 miles ago and went over the bike for a quasi service. I notice it within the first mile or two of riding, after that I don't hear it. Is this just the engine warming up? I start the bike and let the idle stabilize right around 1050 rpm's before taking off every time. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,
Chad

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine has been making the same noise ever since I had the 500 mile service done. Dealer says it is normal. Guess they use a different oil to breake in the motor. I know have about 1600 miles with no change in the noise or engine performance.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Could your lifters be bleeding down some. What type of oil do you use? A 10w40 may be to thin at startup. Try a 20w50 and see if it doesn't go away.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ì use what ever the dealer recomends. I would have to look and see what weight it is. But if changing the oil weigh stopped it I would think some thing is wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts