Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
New windshield for sure . The fairing winglets will help minimally , they are primarily designed to work with the Victory Hard Lowers .

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Mags is correct. Ensure the windshield you buy has a "flip" on it. I only have experience with my Ness shield... However I really like the looks of the klock works units. I hate tall windshields as they lose the sleek look of the XC. I have the fairing winglets and they do work in the open position to redirect smooth air, and minimize dirty air.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mags is correct. Ensure the windshield you buy has a "flip" on it. I only have experience with my Ness shield... However I really like the looks of the klock works units. I hate tall windshields as they lose the sleek look of the XC. I have the fairing winglets and they do work in the open position to redirect smooth air, and minimize dirty air.

I feel the same on the windshield! What winglets do you have?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just pulled the Klock Werks (with a flip) windshield off my XC because I was getting a lot of buffeting above 60 mph... Replaced it with a Madstad unit--brackets and windshield and have all but eliminated the dirty air. I have no other winglets or shields on it. Just my 2 cents :smile

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I just pulled the Klock Werks (with a flip) windshield off my XC because I was getting a lot of buffeting above 60 mph... Replaced it with a Madstad unit--brackets and windshield and have all but eliminated the dirty air. I have no other winglets or shields on it. Just my 2 cents :smile

Madstad is hideous though... I am too fucking vain. I hate looking silly.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks for the input! Is the madstad a windshield or just the brackets to make the stocker stick up high?

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
Madstad is hideous though... I am too fucking vain. I hate looking silly.
I feel bad agreeing but they look awful. I'll take my windvest windshield and fork air deflectors anytime.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for the input! Is the madstad a windshield or just the brackets to make the stocker stick up high?
You can get either the brackets and add your own windshield or get a complete "kit" that includes a windshield of your choice. Just google "madstad" for more info.

·
Registered
471 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the '11 XC. Have Cee Bailey Lowers and Windvest 10" Flip. Should have got he 11 inch instead, recently broke windshield in crash.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
fork lowers, the fairing mounted ones do little, and a windvest shields, mych cheaper then klock, come in several sizes and works better

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think I'm gonna get the windvest. Deciding on a 10-11". I'm 6'0". I just don't want to have an old man look on my slick black stallion.

I'm 5'11" and I now have an 11" windvest. I had a 13" ceebaily. I changed to the windvest cause I heard alot of good things about it and the ceebailey I have is just a little to tall, I like looking over the windshield not through it. For me the height of the windvest was perfect and it worked well and looks great, but the 2" taller ceebaily worked slightly better. But really for eather of these windshields to work there best you need the fork mounted lowers. I just tried it out recently by removing the fork mounted lowers I made. There is a significant difference in dirty air regardless of which windshield I was using. Controlling the air coming from underneath the fairing is just as important as the windshield. The way people talk about the madstad brackets they might work the best but they are so ugly its not even an option for me. Here is pictures of 13" ceebailey and 11" windvest 20160603_151739_resized.jpg

vlcsnap-2015-10-07-17h42m39s707.jpg

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
You guys are giving me a complex. I guess I'll just have to get over it, but ... IMHO ... I don't think the Madstad and its brackets look so bad. Great function, and I don't even notice the brackets -- I'm watching the road or the scenery.

Here's the thing on my '12 XCT, with stock chrome bars replaced by black HeliBars, stock chrome mirrors replaced by black Rivcos with LEDs, a stock black dash and upper fairing-junction area, etc. Oh, hey, I just noticed the brackets, which are black, too.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Windvest and winglets do the trick for me

1 - 20 of 38 Posts