Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to put a cross country fairing, on a kingpin? I was throwing around the idea. I dont want a batwing fairing, to harleyish.
I dont want the guts to the fairing. I want to mount speakers to my bike but I dont like the looks of speakers on my handlebars, I figured the fairing would help hide them. Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
I haven't seen anything that doesn't look similar to the batwing. There might be something like on a Road Glide or Vision that has a fixed fairing but that would be a huge project.

If it weren't for not wanting the batwing look; I'd say you want the Memphis Shades batwing windshield/fairing. Inexpensive compared to the other alternatives like Wide Open Wings and looks good. Choice of windshield height is a plus. You can paint it or leave it alone. You can modify it any way you want with a fast jigsaw and fine blade.

If you're handy with bracketing and mounts of which there are plenty to choose from; I imagine you could easily find a XC outer fairing, modify it to fit, then paint it inside and out to match your bike. If you do that; be sure to share it with lots of pics before, during, and after the project. :)

·
Registered
931 Posts
Ill agree with ^ a frame mounted would be a huge project. The Memphis shade is similar to the harley batwing, but it has a more slanted back profile on the pin. I have with roadstar mounts, Im going to fab the brackets to fit mine before I spend 140.00 for the pin brackets

·
Registered
597 Posts
Batwing

I kinda like the look of the batwing on mine. HUGE difference at highway speed!

glenn

·
Registered
368 Posts
I kinda like the look of the batwing on mine. HUGE difference at highway speed!
thumb up No doubt the best $300 spent. Took some time getting the height and angles just right, but nice not feeling like a boat sail cruisin down the highway. Wish there was room for a windshield bag, but the need to see the speedo wins out.

That's a good lookin' 'Pin Glenn.

·
Registered
597 Posts
thumb up No doubt the best $300 spent. Took some time getting the height and angles just right, but nice not feeling like a boat sail cruisin down the highway. Wish there was room for a windshield bag, but the need to see the speedo wins out.

That's a good lookin' 'Pin Glenn.

thanks man. With a tiny bit of modification, I got these to work,from River Road.Minimal speedo obstsruction

glenn

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey Rollin Pin,

I am currently working on a project with my Vegas.. I had a small windshield on but liked the look of a fairing but wanted something smaller. I found a Bob Dronn fairing by Alren Ness. It is at paint now but looks amazing on the bike, takes wind off the chest. May have pictures in a week or two

·
Registered
123 Posts
Has anyone tried to put a cross country fairing, on a kingpin? I was throwing around the idea. I dont want a batwing fairing, to harleyish.
I dont want the guts to the fairing. I want to mount speakers to my bike but I dont like the looks of speakers on my handlebars, I figured the fairing would help hide them. Thanks
Corbin makes a fairing for the Kingpin, but it looks a lot like the Batwing and is more expensive: http://www.corbin.com/polaris_victory/vkp4fair.shtml

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fairing

Thanks for the input, on the Cross fairing. Your bikes look good with the batwing on them. The round headlight helps with a better looking fit. If I do decide to take the plunge and mount a Cross fairing on my Kingpin, I will be sure to post pics.

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
When I wrote the post above; I hadn't seen the Bob Dron fairing for Victory yet. Then I got the Ness catalog and saw it. It has an interesting look to it.

Phat Performance has them at comparable price to the Memphis Shades Batwing.

I'm still trying to decide if I like it but I know that I don't dislike like it so that's something. I think I just need to get used to the different look of it.

More pics courtesy of Google Images...

PS: Someone did an amazing job on this "old" V92C Vic.

·
Registered
102 Posts
those pictures don't really do the fairing justice. With some simple adjustments it fits tight to the headlight....gives wind protection on chest no real buffeting on the head but you get wind. Same protection as my mini-standard and since it uses the same hardware I can change back to my mini standard windsheild anytime. The pictures are before I perfected the angle on bike and got it adjusted best on brackets.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
Yes. I see what you mean. I did notice those other ones weren't really mounted tight to the headlight and bars. Looks much better on your bike. A minimalist but functional look.

I guess, if one were handy with power tools, they could take the MS Batwing and chop it down to look similar if they wanted to.

This pic of your bike is a good one. Very sharp bike. Clean, lean, and mean. ;) Is it raked at all? Kinda looks like it in this pic. I've noticed the cruiser line of Vic's look really good when raked out a bit. I really want to do it to my KP but my wallet isn't that big. Maybe one day... and matched up with this shield would make it look even better.

·
Registered
102 Posts
No rake on it yet....my wife is into photography and she can really get good angles in pictures considering it is in my gravel driveway and still looks good. Iam sure i will rake it at some point because I really like this bike and have found customizing it to be alot of fun. I had a C50 and ran out of things to customize on it...the bigger engine was what it lacked. This is my second bike, my wife wants her third so i will keep this one for several years!
Between new snowmobiles and bikes a man could go broke.....but he would be happy!

Thanks for the compliments cheers

·
Registered
690 Posts
Do any of you guys have the part numbers for the MS batwing, wind screen, and mounting hard ware ? I went to the MS website and clicked on Metric batwing and they dont have Victory even listed as a choice. ???

1 - 19 of 19 Posts