Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm sad to say I wrecked my XC two weekends ago. Cager moved over in front of us and then slammed on her brakes to move over to the side of the road cause she was lost. Wasn't paying attention, of course.

Bike is totaled and I'm looking for a new Victory. I really like the look of the Hard Ball and was wondering if anyone could comment of the following:

1) How does it ride in comparison to a XC?
2) How difficult is it to add a fairing?

Now, you may ask why don't I just get another XC? I'm not a big fan of the paint choices Victory has been making.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I started on a vegas, tried to add a fairing, and it worked for a while, and decided I wanted the XC. I wouldn't trade my XC for any other bike out there.

Just a side note, my sales guy had a hardball, and he says he wishes now he would have went with the XC.

Good luck on whatever you decide!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
How about a black XC - custom paint it or even plastidip it. The HB+fairing might cost you more than the XC and you'll have spoke wheels. Food for thought. ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did he say why he wished had gotten an XC?

I started on a vegas, tried to add a fairing, and it worked for a while, and decided I wanted the XC. I wouldn't trade my XC for any other bike out there.

Just a side note, my sales guy had a hardball, and he says he wishes now he would have went with the XC.

Good luck on whatever you decide!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Part of me wishes I bought the cross country but the other part is happy I bought a hardball cause we are a limited group. A wide open customs fairing will set you back about a grand with out paint.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Did he say why he wished had gotten an XC?

Comfort, plain and simple. My suggestion, of course I'm a bit partial, but I would get another XC and spend a little $$$ on some custom paint or some graphics.

Don't get me wrong, if money was no object, I would have one of each...

Good luck...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts