Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a newly painted fairing with airbrushing on it and I would like to protect it some. I was wondering if anyone was using any type of protection for their stock or custom fairings. Alot of guys i have seen use bras have issues with bad scratching. And I talked to a couple people about putting a clear bra on, but most of them state they wont do it because they have had issues with pulling paint off custom paint jobs with the clear bras before. Has anyone heard of that one before ?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Bras will definitely scratch, and and as far as clear brasI don't have any personal experience. It's not cheap but your best bet is an automotive clearcoat finish.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
More clear coat and you'll still get rock chips etc. It's a motorcycle, ride it.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
More clear coat and you'll still get rock chips etc. It's a motorcycle, ride it.
+1 I have three bikes all with custom paint jobs. All get ridden and all have scuffs, light scratches, and rock chips. These flaws are badges of honor that my bikes are not trailer queens.

G'day,

Vinish

Reactions: DirtyDan

·
13,262 Posts
Like Dan said more clear. When you ride think smart stay off gravel roads stay away from gravel truck don't follow any one to close that includes other bikes.
Did the love ride twice with Arlen Ness and he rides into corners and curves like we do. If he scraps a fender he just smiles and says how fun that was. He doesn't fix the scraps he thinks like the rest of us it was a good ride
All you can do is pray.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Or you could just ride it n not worry so much about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts