Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
It might look less out of place with matching paint, but if it takes some wind off of you, I say keep it

·
Registered
483 Posts
Right now I'm not a fan. Looks like you stole a sport bike fairing.

Maybe matching paint would help but right now it sticks out badly, IMO.

But it's your bike and if you like it and it works keep it. I'm sure painting will help.

Get it sprayed and post better pics.

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
I'm guessing this is an 8Ball Vegas since you don't have the model or year listed in your sig.

My two cents is it will look a lot better painted to match since the entire bike is one color, er, shade. Black isn't really a color; it's a shade.

I would use the old adage about putting lipstick on a pig but the bike is NOT a pig.

Two different worlds of motorcycles clashing on one bike is what I see BUT; you are the one who counts. If you like it then that's all that matters. Who cares what anyone else thinks. Who knows; you might start a whole new trend.

My opinion and 2 bucks will get you a cuppa at the local Denny's so take it for what you paid for it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm guessing this is an 8Ball Vegas since you don't have the model or year listed in your sig.

My two cents is it will look a lot better painted to match since the entire bike is one color, er, shade. Black isn't really a color; it's a shade.

I would use the old adage about putting lipstick on a pig but the bike is NOT a pig.

Two different worlds of motorcycles clashing on one bike is what I see BUT; you are the one who counts. If you like it then that's all that matters. Who cares what anyone else thinks. Who knows; you might start a whole new trend.

My opinion and 2 bucks will get you a cuppa at the local Denny's so take it for what you paid for it.
very well put... The fairing is an old school Tracy fairing i cut up a bit.. I like that "bullet " look. But don't want to drop the $ on it.. So i want to try this out? I just don't trust my eyes, I want to get the option of others.. Also don't want to disrespect the bike.. And get a little wind off of me on those cold spring and fall rides...

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
This sloped back small fairing style for cruisers is getting more popular as time goes on. I think when you paint it you will like it better. Please post a couple pics so we too can see it that way.

I ran one of these little guys, still have it, on a Softail about 8 years ago and it was surprising how much wind it blocked for a fifty something dollar quick release shield.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This sloped back small fairing style for cruisers is getting more popular as time goes on. I think when you paint it you will like it better. Please post a couple pics so we too can see it that way.

I ran one of these little guys, still have it, on a Softail about 8 years ago and it was surprising how much wind it blocked for a fifty something dollar quick release shield.

i should have it painted and done in a week.. I will post pics.. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
all black might work but headlight doesn't work with it
True.. .but you cant see it when youre riding.

I tend to like that style fairing over batwings and screens visually .
Reminds me of the fairings on the Gravediggers Kwaka 9s
in the Aussie biker flick 'Stone'
https://youtu.be/unndR537PqU

Very effective in channelling the wind up and over your helmet without isolating too much from the feeling of being 'in the wind' when riding.
A nice compromise for sure if you can live with the headlight mismatch.
Cali Phil has something similar and it looks good on his machine.
If I was to 'fair up' in my old age then thatd be the way Id go...but for now Im forever young:smile

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
True.. .but you cant see it when youre riding.

I tend to like that style fairing over batwings and screens visually .
Reminds me of the fairings on the Gravediggers Kwaka 9s
in the Aussie biker flick 'Stone'
https://youtu.be/unndR537PqU

Very effective in channelling the wind up and over your helmet without isolating too much from the feeling of being 'in the wind' when riding.
A nice compromise for sure if you can live with the headlight mismatch.
Cali Phil has something similar and it looks good on his machine.
If I was to 'fair up' in my old age then thatd be the way Id go...but for now Im forever young:smile
great video..

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts