Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching and reading through several topics, so I'm sorry if this has already been asked.

Recently purchased my 8-Ball and had one hell of a workout with a nasty head wind on today's ride. Decided I would actually look into some sort of shield.

I like the look of bullet fairings and the batwing. I have been unable to find anything Vegas specific in terms of the bullet for a 2012. I found the batwing kit, but it only lists up to 2010.

Any suggestions of where to look or what to go with?

Thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts

This is the wide open customs fairing I just put on my KP.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I don't think there's been a change on the Vegas, such as the forks that would be a reason a fairing for a 2010 wouldn't be the same. Guessing Memphis just hasn't updated their site or parts info.

If you don't care about a radio, and want to be able to pull it off in 10 seconds and feel the wind, Memphis batwing is the way to go for around $350, brackets and all, you get to pick the height of the shield. The factory gloss black finish goes just fine with the 8-ball, so you save the cost of paint. I've had mine for almost 2 yrs, no scratches, still glossy black. Just spray it with some Meguiar's quick detailer and wipe down with a microfiber cloth and you're bug free and shiny in no time.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Memphis shades.

Google or search it "Memphis shades". Also J&P Cycles sells them,Dennis Kirk also. Has anybody tried this fairing on the CrossRoads? Been think ing of doing it. I figure I may have to make the mounting brackets if the ones for the Kingpin do not fit.:confused:

·
Registered
102 Posts
hey bigred188

I put the Bob Dronn fairing from Arlen Ness. Looks amazing and keeps the wind of your chest. Bit smaller than the "shades" faring and bit bigger than a cafe fairing but not much bigger. It uses the mini standard windsheild hardware from Victory.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm looking to sell my Wide Open Customs fairing off my Jackpot. I kept it to go on my Vegas when I sold the JP, but I decided to go a different route. PM me for a price and to figure out how much shipping would be. I have the receipt for right at $800 including the stereo, plus I added billet mirrors.

·
Registered
368 Posts
$349 complete

Where do you find the $350 price? I've seen people mention it before, but everthing I see now the price is about $500.
Search for Bikerhaven, out of Arkansas I believe.
$349.96 was complete "kit" fairing, including the shield of your choice and black hardware (note, only the brackets are black, the fork clamps are silver-aluminum only, so you can powder coat or paint them black if you want.

Shipping was free.

Looks like they have gone up to $497 since Jan '11, but still comes complete with black brackets and your choice of windshield. They have even come out with a 6 1/2" smoke color with the lip at the top edge to help deflect the wind up over your head, even though I don't have any complaints with my 5" shield. Still free shipping.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Making a decision is proving to be extremely difficult...I really liked the Memphis Shades Speed Demon, but of course they don't have the corresponding hardware....

·
Registered
75 Posts
This is the best I have right now, and its currently off the bike. PM me for more details. I really liked the fairing and it did a great job with wind protection... it just isn't the look I'm going for.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Couple more pics of the WOC fairing on my JP.

·
Registered
75 Posts
They should be visible now. thumb up

1 - 15 of 15 Posts