·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a cc fairing fit on a xr and what modifications do I need to do if any

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Yes a CC fairing assembly will easily bolt onto a CR. That's really the major difference between the CC and the CR. What will it take? Likely a lot of money along with a complete fairing with all the gauges and wiring etc. I do believe the main bike's wiring harnesses are the same but there are a lot of items involved. I'm just south of you a few exits on I-75. Maybe we could meet up so you could see up close everything up that's needed.

I called Crockett the other day to inquire if they had a used CC or CR available but they're sold out. One of the guys at a new church we're going to is now seriously considering a CC or a CR after seeing mine.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to do that I'm supposed to go look at the fairing and other parts this weekend all items are supposed to be at a great price

·
13,185 Posts
rainman123

Maybe you can get Mark to go along hes pretty smart when it comes to this stuff

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Rainman, have you ridden a CC? Big difference between one and a CR. More top heavy, heavier steering, turbulence, obstructed view, etc. I'm curious; what is the attraction to putting a CC fairing on a CR? I like that I have a convertible - full windshield, cut down windshield or no windshield. And a full view of what's ahead.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I had test ride a cc when I was looking at the vics but liked the xr better and I already have a after market fairing and have a windshield and if it ain't to much trouble to put a cc fairing on cause I may be able to get one at a very reasonable price

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
I'm near I-75 exit 20. Are you near Niota exits 52 or 56? At I-75 speeds that's about 20 minutes. I sent you a PM with my mobile number and email. I'd be glad to help in any way I can.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chattanooga Mark I'm bout 3 miles off exit 56
Also pm u with my info
Hopefully we can meet sometime soon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts