Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to put a fairing on My 06 V92TC....I was wondering if anyone has done it ????? With the speedo in the headlight--where do I put that ? Any feedback would be appreciated

·
Registered
236 Posts
You wont have to do anything with the speedo and headlight just make sure the fairing is made for a round headlight not diamond.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I know someone on here put a Wide Open Custom fairing on their TC, I think it was an older model though. All he had to do was fabricate some custom brackets. I will look for the thread. But Saintdruss is right, you wont have to modify the speedo and/or headlight

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yo Saintdruss ....Is there a thread to you doing this ? Does it have the option of radio ? And cost ? does it block the wind pretty good ? I get a lot of wind coming around my windshield and ride my bike to work...leaving home at about 4:30 am...so the weather varies a lot from morning till I get off work....

·
Registered
236 Posts
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=13146

I've made some changes since this thread was updated, that amp sucked don't go that route. I'm running a Kenwood marine stereo with a wired remote mounted next to my left grip with four Kicker speakers. It's loud, I can hear clearly at 85 mph with a full face, people ask me all the time if I have a amp. The stereo and speakers are just matched really well.

I bought the 5" tinted wind screen and the 10", the 10" works perfect for me I'm just over 6'. I also made a pair of fork lowers, that may be why I don't have any buffeting.

Any questions you have just ask man. Their are other people who have W.O.C fairings here too that can help if I cant. Good luckthumb up

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your thread looks great ...I think I will go for it...I may be asking some questions later...thumb up

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just got a reply from WOC...Are the fairing that much ? $850....

·
Registered
208 Posts
I thought a while back someone posted a Harley fairing they put on a V92C. not sure what model it came from but you can pick one up for $300 give or take. I would like some info on that myself.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I picked up this 1983 FLH fairing for $125 at the swap meet-easy mounting on a TC. It served me well for many thousands of miles. No issues viewing the speedo & displays.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Check reckless fairings. I had. 1 on my yamaha. Price was right added my own stereo and speakers

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
361 Posts
I believe 83/84 was the last year of the one piece HD batwings that easily adapt to most cruisers-after that they went two piece inner/outer fairing with the gauges mounted inside-these can be done also but a bit more involved. Any windshield bracket for the old Vics would work combined with the stock HD fairing mounts-drill some holes & 4 bolts.(TC's are easy-they already have the brackets)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I believe 83/84 was the last year of the one piece HD batwings that easily adapt to most cruisers-after that they went two piece inner/outer fairing with the gauges mounted inside-these can be done also but a bit more involved. Any windshield bracket for the old Vics would work combined with the stock HD fairing mounts-drill some holes & 4 bolts.(TC's are easy-they already have the brackets)
did that have radio option ? ....I am still looking to see what is out there.....salvage yards do not get back to me.....Maybe I should get a phone number and call some...

·
Registered
813 Posts
I installed one off if a 2006 street glide. Took a little work, but with Dakota digital gauges I even made it a fully functioning fairing. ImageUploadedByMO Free1386589020.208432.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
813 Posts
Has anyone installed a Memphis shade batwing on a 03 classic cruiser, if so which brackets are user?
I have never seen them on a victory, but I have seen them onother bikes and thinl they look good from the front, but look realy unfinished from the back and side view. I think it work the extra money to buy a better fairing. Just my thoughts..

·
Registered
931 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts