Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a day-trip to the Americade rally (Lake George, NY) yesterday (on the fire-breathing Burgman 650), and spied this very fancy Cross bike parked in the vendor area. With the 21" front wheel, and the forged crash bars, I didn't know if I was looking at a Cross Country, or a Magnum, or what (i.e., some sort of hybrid), but I suppose that's neither here nor there.

In any case, I thought some of you folks might enjoy a look, so here goes (I blanked out the license plate, except the Pennsylvania part, and that's a Honda Grom parked behind it):

·
Registered
249 Posts
It must be so fancy the pictures wont show it or the Grom got jealous and had the photo taken down.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It must be so fancy the pictures wont show it or the Grom got jealous and had the photo taken down.
Um, works for me, different browsers, signed in or not. Anyone else not able to view the five pics I just put up?

·
Registered
12,217 Posts
I got it--a lot of work and $ went into that bike. Wow!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hmmm, I'm on Chrome and logged in but no photo here.
I can see photos on the other threads but not these.
Admin's ???

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well this is weird, I just used my phone to go to the forum and I can see the pictures.
My apologies!!!
It is a cool looking bike.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Sweet looking bike. But you didn’t need to black out the tag. Pretty sure everyone can see it when it’s out of his garage.

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet looking bike. But you didn’t need to black out the tag. Pretty sure everyone can see it when it’s out of his garage.

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
Yep, you're right. But not my bike, and some people -- for whatever reason(s) -- are sensitive about showing plates (on both bike and car forums), so I thought I'd play it safe, not possibly get the owner pissed at me, etc.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmm, I'm on Chrome and logged in but no photo here.
I can see photos on the other threads but not these.
Admin's ???
That is kind of strange, and also that it works on your phone.

What is a little different from the way a lot of pics in threads is that I tend to link directly to photos on my personal web site (Bill & Dot's Excellent Pages (Home)), as opposed to uploading photos directly into a post.

See if you can see the single pic in this post, in which I did the same thing: https://www.victoryforums.com/34-victory-cross-country-cross-roads/200227-brake-light-wiring-2012-xc-3.html#post2550929

BTW, I tried out my Fancy PA Vic post in Chrome (desktop, on a Mac, not signed in) and it works fine. I wonder if you have some option set for Chrome that prevents links to outside sites (i.e., not the site that showing a given page) from working, or something along those lines. My version of Chrome has all the factory defaults, no add-ons, etc.; I just use it for testing pages.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Definitely looks like a Magnum. Sweet lookin' scoot.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Very nice X bike!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Why chrome turn signals? Ugh. Looks so out of place. I've seen those gas caps for sale. Not my thing but fancy I guess.

Overall nice looking ride.

·
Registered
249 Posts
That is kind of strange, and also that it works on your phone.

What is a little different from the way a lot of pics in threads is that I tend to link directly to photos on my personal web site (Bill & Dot's Excellent Pages (Home)), as opposed to uploading photos directly into a post.

See if you can see the single pic in this post, in which I did the same thing: https://www.victoryforums.com/34-victory-cross-country-cross-roads/200227-brake-light-wiring-2012-xc-3.html#post2550929

BTW, I tried out my Fancy PA Vic post in Chrome (desktop, on a Mac, not signed in) and it works fine. I wonder if you have some option set for Chrome that prevents links to outside sites (i.e., not the site that showing a given page) from working, or something along those lines. My version of Chrome has all the factory defaults, no add-ons, etc.; I just use it for testing pages.
Figured out the issue. I was accessing from my work Laptop and they block certain sites that host pictures. Since the pictures were hosted on your site the pictures were not showing. This is why I could see them from my phone and also at home on my Mac.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
That XC is so nice I'd hate to ride it. :| That first pic is so muscular and tough looking.... I've got to stop wanting a 21" front ...got to stop!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
quote: Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Tell that to my wife!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello Jakvis, web pictures are just links to an image file stored on the web server.
It could be you have a unusual screen size and the image is getting squeezed.
I would make sure all updates are installed. Maybe re-install Chrome, and run Malwarebytes.
Something could be blocking images for security purposes (my browser is blocking Adobe Flash as we speak).
It could also be slow broadband, firewall, or photo file format (jpeg, gif, etc.).

As a sidebar - how are crash bars like that mounted?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts