Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last year I posted a few times about removing my CCT lowers (not for sale) and installing the forged bars with JTD inserts. I had the forged bar tops and the front side of the JTD lowers painted to match the gloss pearl white of my CCT. The forged bar tops were chrome and the JTD lowers were as they come, black and without paint.

The painter I used is: Colors On Parade. The paint guru, Justin Sloan did an awesome job. I found out about Justin after seeing a motorcycle he painted at my local Indian/Slingshot/Victory dealer.

Since Polaris blew out their Victory accessories I decided to get the fairing and the saddlebag extreme audio kits. The saddlebag lids I got were in the Plasma Green color. Quite honestly, that's a beautiful color when seen in person, especially in the sun.

I was able to bring the Plasma Green lids off to Colors On Parade the day they came in. I picked them up today and they look fantastic! We were holding them side by side with one of my original CCT in the sun and indoors. They're a perfect match, simply beautiful. Justin used a PPG Deltron paint with four coats of base, three coats of white pearl and two coats of clear.

If anyone is looking for a great painter and color matcher, Justin Slone should be on your list.

Colors On Parade
55 Leanne Lane
Roseville, GA 30741
Tel: 423-505-1694

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
And.... what about cost?

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last year when he did the JTD lowers and the forged bar tops he charged me $400. That's for 6 pieces total, two tops (originally chrome), two JTD inserts (base material black) and the two adjustable vent doors (base material black) that go in them. I left the rear side of the four JTD pieces black.

This year for the Plasma Green extreme audio saddlebag lids, it was also $400. He used PPG Deltron paint with four base coats, three white pearl coats and two clear coats. The pieces Justin painted look identical to the original factory gloss pearl white. The Polaris factory painted gloss pearl white inner fairing is 'just a wee bit' off compared to the rest of the bike. Most people would never see it but I look at color a lot being in the print industry. It looks like the clear the factory used on the gloss pearl white inner fairing is where the difference is. When you see it in direct sun, not at an angle, it's an absolute match. The clear they used on the inner fairing is thicker than the original paint job on the CCT.

Sorry about the pictures but I haven't actually taken any yet. I'll be at an event this coming weekend and will most likely take some pictures. I haven't installed the extreme audio saddlebag lids and kit yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts