Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my fast idle cable is not correctly adjusted....and causing in-proper idle at start up...I just need to know how to know when it is adjusted correctly, becuase obviously with the tank off, you can't start it up. Any information would help. Thanks.

Josh

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
I think my fast idle cable is not correctly adjusted....and causing in-proper idle at start up...I just need to know how to know when it is adjusted correctly, becuase obviously with the tank off, you can't start it up. Any information would help. Thanks.

Josh
I simply took all of the slack out of mine. Now when fully pulled, I can use it as a cruise on the highways.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Slack in Idle

Yeah, Once my bike is up and running it is good....but when I start it it just wants to die unless it is getting the fast idle, or the throttle is pulled open.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Yeah, Once my bike is up and running it is good....but when I start it it just wants to die unless it is getting the fast idle, or the throttle is pulled open.
When was the last time you cleaned your throttle bodies....if your tank is coming off, why not do that. That may also contribute to the bad idle at start up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts