Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sitting here staring at the brackets I had before putting the fat fork kit on and can't figure out how I can possibly have both that and the quick release brackets.

Has anyone done it? The only things I can think of are to bandsaw the tubes so that the brackets mount in between the tubes or to cut off the mounting portion and weld it to the fat tubes.

In the picture, you can see the fat fork lowers and uppers. 99.9999% of the time, I don't want a windshield. It's for those 1,000 mile+ trips where it is nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
Whats the OD of the fat forks? You probably can find some new brackets made for a bike with fatter forks that you can make work probably something that has inverted forks, hammer/kingpin maybe?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats the OD of the fat forks? You probably can find some new brackets made for a bike with fatter forks that you can make work probably something that has inverted forks, hammer/kingpin maybe?
Interesting idea with the inverted forks. These were Conquest Custom but I assume they are the same dimensions as KewlMetal

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I would look at the brackets made for XR and Hardball... If you want a measurement on the OD of cross bike inverted forks shoot me a PM and I will do it tomorrow.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I would look at the brackets made for XR and Hardball... If you want a measurement on the OD of cross bike inverted forks shoot me a PM and I will do it tomorrow.
That would be great. I just measured the circumference at 7.5", so that'd give me 2.388" or 60.65 mm

PS.... these were bought through Conquest Custom but are in fact, KewlMetal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts