Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on a solo 150 mile ride Sunday the weather was perfect mid 80's. The trip took me on mostly nice curvy roads but it cost me $500 as I realized I really hate these Dunlop tires!
Dennis Kirk to the rescue ordered up a set of Avon Cobras went with the 240 rear for handling and it has 3/32 more tread depth than the 250. Also going to install my 1" lower progressive rear shock while the tire is off.

So for the ride I went up into the mountains to one of my favorite swimming holes to see if we would have any water to play in and was surprised to see it flowing real good!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pic of swimming hole

Attachments

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Poser shot #1

Attachments

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Sounds like a cool trip, Nice pipe, It just rains here lately...:(

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Poser shot#2

Attachments

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That pipe is my pride and joy! It is the hard krome sidburner got it for $300.00 on close out. I welded in the thunder quiet core baffles and that thing sounds like an old carbureted 454 now. Perfect pipe for the muscle cruiser!

·
Registered
504 Posts
I can see those Rancho Seco towers from my house! You shoulda stopped on by!

I hear they are going to paint those old stacks to look like Wine Carafes now because of all the new vineyards going up in this area! thumb up

·
Registered
318 Posts
Nice pics, thanks for sharing. I agree with you on the Dunlops, mine are just so slippery as well. I am going to put a few more miles on them and off to the shop for some Avons. I haven't had a bike that is so squirrelly in the rear. I recognize that i have quite a bit of juice in that engine, but still even turns from a stop make me hesitate to throttle up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts