Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of great handguns out there.
If you could buy a auto loader in 9mm to carry, use for target practice, and some competition what would it be?

·
Premium Member
13,188 Posts
I like the Diamondback DB9 for deep concealment. A Canik TP-9 SA is my new favorite range pistol. In competition I would use that same one or a Sar BP-9 full size. For more clothing when concealing; I'm happy with a SCCY CPX-2. A nice little boot gun is a NAA .22 Magnum.

·
Registered
352 Posts
:ltr:...........sorry

ok...my latest...prior was a 380 Bersa

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Lots of great handguns out there.
If you could buy a auto loader in 9mm to carry, use for target practice, and some competition what would it be?
For all of these I would recommend the one and only Ruger SR9c..in black of course ;)

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Stoeger Cougar 9mm, same as the Beretta Cougar

·
Registered
784 Posts
My favorite 9 is a .40. Not because they are bad but I just think the 40 is better and it is manageable for the wife. The 45 would be the go to but it is a bit much for her and I wanted all the same caliber for my own reasons.
As for the delivery device, I'm partial to Glock. They aren't pretty or desirable to some, but they are rough, tough, rugged, pretty accurate, easy to maintain, and road hard tested.
cheers

·
Registered
246 Posts
My Ruger SR9C

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,188 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,188 Posts
Not going to work very well for a lefty.

I've heard a lot of great things about the XD-S and the XD-Mod2.
That's true. Maybe they will make a left handed version if this one sells well.

I've yet to talk with anyone who owned the XD-S say anything really negative about it. The Mod2 version sounds even better. It's on my wish list.

Double stacks can be a bit more difficult to conceal depending on a persons body type. Skinny people can get away with AIWB carry whereas heavier folks really can't. There's something to be said for AIWB and Crossdraw carry in that they are much harder to take from someone carrying that way. Those carrying at the four to five-o'clock position could literally have someone come up behind them and pull it before the carrier knew what happened.

·
Registered
533 Posts
favorite for the range is a Beretta Storm, but for concealed carry Glock 23c. maybe its just easier for fat guys to conceal something other than a .380 or something. used to carry a kel-tec 9mm but it was prone to stove-piping regardless of how clean and lubed it was.

oh and the wife carries a ruger lcr as her concealed carry. ;)
cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Glock 19 is probably your best overall choice when it comes to size, cost, ease of maintenance, reliability, parts commonality and after market. people who complain of bulk or size need to find a quality gun belt, not a JC Penny one and a good kydex holster.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts