Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on my bike cleaning the speed sensor and changing my relay for the abs and the bike fell over and screwed up my saddlebag lid
Should've started saying that it fell over before I took the saddlebag off
Cleaned the abs sensor and changed the relay and the abs light is still on so I'm assuming that one of the sensor is bad
Is there anyway I can check to see which one it is
IMG_20170904_131417478.jpg

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Sorry rainman123.... This just sucks in every way possible

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Oooh, Rainman, that's not good. Maybe id-man has a sticky that'll cover that up for ya.

·
Registered
426 Posts
So sorry for this. A story for you. When I trailered my bike recently a guy helped me. He told me "now don't forget to loosen the side opposite the kickstand first. "I screwed up and did it wrong and the bike shot like a rocket in the other direction and dented the hell out of his bike."
Well let's just say I really understand what he means. I am very lucky nothing was damaged however.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
How did your bike fall over?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Was unhappy with the positioning so I thought I would just loosen the strap a little. Since I was on the wrong side of the kickstand the bike flew against the other side without the kickstand to catch it.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Need a meter to check the resistance across the sensor.
How do you mean @Kurbs I replaced my broken Censor so I like to know how you measure this.....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How did your bike fall over?
Had my handle bars turned the wrong way and toke my left saddlebag off and the bike fell to the right the right saddlebag caught my motorcycle jack

·
Registered
426 Posts
How do you mean @Kurbs I replaced my broken Censor so I like to know how you measure this.....

Andre using TaPaTaLk
Take a multimeter and you measure across the wires on the sensor. I am not sure what exact spec is, but on a car it may be between 2-3 Ohms. Lets say the spec is 2-3 Ohms +- .25 Ohm on either end. That means it measure between 1.75 - 3.25.

If it exceeds that its bad. If it is within that range it should be good. The spec should be in the service manual. I just changed on on my Jag because it kept tripping a DSC error and disabling my cruise control.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Oooh, Rainman, that's not good. Maybe id-man has a sticky that'll cover that up for ya.
This is the only thing short of real paint, man that sucks. The great thing about sharing on a forum is you get to hear how 1) you're not the only idiot in the world 2) just maybe you can learn from someone else's mistakes how to keep NOT being that guy for a little while longer. Rainman today was your turn I guess. Thanks for taking one for the team.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My abs has been on for several months and I'm just now getting round to checking everything out it wasn't the fall that caused it I'll probably try this weekend to oh it out and I did clean the ring also

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Had my handle bars turned the wrong way and toke my left saddlebag off and the bike fell to the right the right saddlebag caught my motorcycle jack
Been there and have done something similar.

A few years ago I was changing the CCT oil in the garage. In a stupid quest to get the bike vertical after it stopped draining, I put two pieces of wood under the side stand. I walked in back of it and sure enough, it was nearly vertical. Just as I got back on the left side of the bike, the CCT starts falling over to the right, in what seemed to be slow motion. No chance of getting around to the right side in time. And even if I could have, no chance of preventing the bike from going over. Sure enough, it lays over with my left hand on the left grip and my right hand on the left passenger grab rail. I guess I tried to lay it down gently.

It didn't stop part way over when the saddlebag rail and the original round front CCT 'crash bar' touched the pavement. Oh no, no sir. It went all the way over and rested on the right grip end, the edge of the fairing and the saddlebag rail. Yup, it broke the handlebar brake lever tip off.

The top edge of the original CCT windshield missed the drivers door of my wife's mint condition 1988 BMW L6 by less than an inch!

The Victory rear passenger grab rails work well in lifting up a fallen bike. As did the way too much adrenaline pumping through my body.

CCT damage consisted of a pencil line rub mark on the edge of the fairing, the broken brake lever tip and a rub mark on the lower edge of the saddlebag rail.

So now after it's done draining on the side stand, I sit on the seat and hold the bike upright for a few minutes.

But I hate doing stupid stuff like that.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That suxs when you do things like that especially when you know better to start with but do it anyway

1 - 20 of 25 Posts