Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
13,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for all you east coast solvers. 2 feet or more is not fun.
No matter how young you are your heart can quit on you.
Take your time and rest

Reactions: broggyr

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Hate to say it but not really. i fought Chicago winters for over 50 years and now I'm out.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Time for the East Coasters to get out their 106 inch V-twin snow blowers.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Ive got two feet and they do me quite well,..one for the gears and another for the rear brake.

Reactions: PaiN and DirtyDan

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
Hate to say it but not really. i fought Chicago winters for over 50 years and now I'm out.
Yep so did I for 30 years. I rode today and was a little warm.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Yep so did I for 30 years. I rode today and was a little warm.
I got outa Chicago back in 1949, when I was 13 years old. Best thing my parents did (after marrying and having me) was move to Portland, which used to be a nice town.

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
I got outa Chicago back in 1949, when I was 13 years old. Best thing my parents did (after marrying and having me) was move to Portland, which used to be a nice town.
I'm betting in '49 Chi Town was also a nice town Daley made sure of it.

EDIT: oops he was `1955-1976

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
I'm betting in '49 Chi Town was also a nice town Daley made sure of it.

EDIT: oops he was `1955-1976
There were mayoral dynasties before Daley-- the name was Kennelly and before him Kelly.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Damn hippies

Reactions: SubDude and RICZ

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Looks like we are getting a buy on this one here in New England.
I still can't see myself here forever, especially in later years.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Looks like we are getting a buy on this one here in New England.
I still can't see myself here forever, especially in later years.
i'm with you on this one... NY SUCKS!! finally got my wife to concede to g.t.f.o. of this state.... now comes the fun part of finding gainful employment in any of our agreed upon states. lol

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
agreed upon states
we've got to get the kids settled, pay off some thing, we retire, and then we can get outta here

Hoping in under 10 years we get it all done

until then... one day at a time

still thinking Tenn as a possibility

would love to get up each morning with a beautiful view of the gulf

i love a big body of water

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
i'm with you on this one... NY SUCKS!! finally got my wife to concede to g.t.f.o. of this state.... now comes the fun part of finding gainful employment in any of our agreed upon states. lol
I'd like to move sometime, but my wife owns a small store (which is pretty popular with the locals) and it would be pretty difficult to take it and all our customers with us :)

Reactions: MonsterMash

·
Registered
540 Posts
we've got to get the kids settled, pay off some thing, we retire, and then we can get outta here
Hoping in under 10 years we get it all done
until then... one day at a time
still thinking Tenn as a possibility
would love to get up each morning with a beautiful view of the gulf
i love a big body of water
i'm with you on this one. i would love to end up on the coast.. don't really care as long as its salt water.. former squid.
personally i would love to go back down to Kings Bay or Charleston, but my wife doesn't want to quite go that far.. i have managed to persuade her to go as far south as north carolina (we both still have family in the area and both being the oldest siblings we still feel like we need to be here to help take care of our folks - even though they have both said not to let it stop them). we can make NC between 10-12 hours, quicker if we fly.
but we both agreed that once our oldest is in 9th grade, if we haven't found greener pastures, we are going to stay here till both of our boys are out of school. my oldest is in 7th now and our youngest is in 4th, so i have 2 years to find something where we want to be (between southern maryland and northern north carolina). so the race is on....
why we didn't do this in our lives B.C. (before children) is beyond me, but until they firmly plant her or set me up with my viking funeral, its never too late... cheersdance 1:ride:

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
If I could work from home and do my orders that way I so would, but from Montana or Wyoming.....
Idaho is another good Republican state and lots of great riding roads.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts