Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few days ago I wanted to tinker with the bike. It pops a LOT a LOT on decel and pops gently at idle, so i pulled the plugs, they look like the bike has been running kind of rich, which makes sense because I pulled the O2s. I had the timing up to +6 as well. I replaced the plugs, set the timing back to +3 and removed the rubber on the air filter, and holy crap, I am glad i had my backrest on because it really surprised the heck out of me! she still pops on decel but not AS bad and she still pops at idle. Time for PCV?

Also, does anybody know why the 2012 XR sounds different than the 2013? My buddy has the 2013 and his has a lovely high pitch wine, and mine just sounds like a sewing machine. I rode with another friend who also has a 13 Highball and his sounds like my friend's 2013 XR.

·
12,984 Posts
All Vic's pop right from the factory you can't hear it cause of stock mufflers.
Stock mufflers are very quiet. You don't like sound pull end cap and drill some holes in the end of mufflers. To loud weld a hole shut.
Just about all Vic;s have black looking plugs that does not mean your rich. Go by miles per gallon and use phone to find that out.

·
Registered
302 Posts
All Vic's pop right from the factory you can't hear it cause of stock mufflers.
Stock mufflers are very quiet. You don't like sound pull end cap and drill some holes in the end of mufflers. To loud weld a hole shut.
Just about all Vic;s have black looking plugs that does not mean your rich. Go by miles per gallon and use phone to find that out.
Or get a tune and get rid of them!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a PCV off my 15 if your interested... I took it off and went the maximus route cause mine didn't have the timing wheel yet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'd let it go for $300 shiped message me your address if you want it.You have a PayPal accout?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oh but I dont have the orginal box or cable, it was on the bike when I boughrt it. Just so you know...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts