Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just changing out my OEM exhaust on my 12 Hammer and installing new exhaust gaskets as well. I ordered Felpro gasket 60569 after searching it for a while and noticed they are slightly smaller O/D? Anyone else use this gasket with good results? Before anyone says "you should have went with loydz" well I didn't have time to wait plus I didn't want to have to pay duty/brokerage to Canada.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good one, do you think I just bought it on a guess? Witch doctor sells it as the oem replacement, besides the oem is known to leak and is considered garbage by most. FelPro is the good stuff in my experiences, thanks for the bump...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry man didn't mean to pounce on ya, but I knew I was going to get a reply like yours, it's just the way this forum is. I have done some research on the gasket and all have said it is much better than the oem but I haven't read anything about the OD being a "c - hair" smaller. Thanks

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the pics, big difference in the gaskets. The "Lloydz" are a composite and much thicker than the oem, does anyone know who manufacturers the "Lloydz"? Part #?

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
For the Most Part had good luck with Aftermarket Gaskets .. Don't think they would be in business if didn't have some quality ..

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have picked up some FELPRO as well but havent used them yet but i am sure they will be fine.I dont think whichdoctor would sell them if they didnt work...I 2 did some research and felpro kept coming up so i guess we will see when i go to change exhaust

·
Registered
307 Posts
luniticrider i am in Canada how did you find them?Everywere i called didnt have them and could order them but the shipping was to much and the price of them was high so when i was in flordia i picked some up for 3$ a gasket

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I picked them up at autozone in Port Huron Michigan , we live about an hour away. I had the same problem with finding them in Canada. I paid $2.99 a piece, I'm going to install my pipes this weekend so we'll find out how well they work. I measure them with the verniers later to get the exact size difference.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Well, Pop for one is happy to find out that Canada has a hard time getting gaskets. As we all know gaskets are made out of C4 and all Canucks are terrorists or at least trailer park boys.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like you know us all to well Pops. I've been secretly importing the c4 (I mean gaskets) for quite sometime, North Korea doesn't hold a candle to our arsenal...

·
Registered
530 Posts
Thank you for the pics, big difference in the gaskets. The "Lloydz" are a composite and much thicker than the oem, does anyone know who manufacturers the "Lloydz"? Part #?

The material that those are made from a great for sealing as I use the same material for gaskets used on my 1\5 scale buggy exhaust. The way that thing bounces around it would definetly leak at the exhaust if they didn't do an exceptional job at sealing.

·
Registered
931 Posts
the Lloyds gasket is the gasket for the v92 stock. Just get that from the vic dealer. The new metal gaskets are garbage, the old style is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update, installed my exhaust this weekend and it seems like the Felpro 60569 sealed good, still have to do some testing....

·
Registered
931 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts