Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Rumor has it that @RICZ got into riding motorcycles after this lady gave him a ride in 1941 .....

Love reading about this stuff, can you imagine at that time riding a motorcycle as a girl? Amazing... I wonder what she rides now?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Rumor has it that @RICZ got into riding motorcycles after this lady gave him a ride in 1941 .....

Love reading about this stuff, can you imagine at that time riding a motorcycle as a girl? Amazing... I wonder what she rides now?

Andre using TaPaTaLk
Well mate looking at her history I'd have to guess it'd be a Harley, shes ridden just about every model up to twin cam so maybe shes got one of them new ones.
Good on her!
Bet she would love a Victory if she had a ride on one!

·
Registered
4,067 Posts

@RICZ ....was still pee-ing in his diapers when Gloria was tearing up **** on her first bike.... :ltr:

·
Premium Member
13,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@RICZ ....was still pee-ing in his diapers when Gloria was tearing up **** on her first bike.... :ltr:
Maybe so but I bet he's out tearing it up this weekend on his bike and will be doing it well past 92. :)

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
RICZ was 5 years old in 1941 and yes, he remembers Pearl Harbor. Who could forget - there were reminders everywhere. But I digress. I have 11 years to go to match her and now I have incentive to make that a goal.
Not riding today, but going on a road trip with a friend to check out a 1943 WLA Harley. He lives in central Oregon and stayed the night with us a few days ago. While here, he said he'd like to have a WLA. A couple nights later, I was perusing Craigslist for a small bike for the great grand kids and up popped that WLA! What a coincidence. Its in very good original condition and is occasionally ridden. I passed the info on to my friend and he made an offer that was accepted based upon his approval.
We're told there will be a several day break in the NW Rain Festival starting tomorrow and you can bet your bippy RICZ will be riding.

·
Premium Member
13,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just wearing pants at that time was considered very un-lady like. She was busting down the fem barriers before feminism existed, well, at least in its current form of femnazism.

I bet she's salty as heck. I like her already. ;)

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
As early as the 30s, ladies were wearing slacks, as they called them. When war broke out and women were filling the jobs that shop men who got drafted left, slacks was the "style' of the day.

·
Premium Member
13,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As early as the 30s, ladies were wearing slacks, as they called them. When war broke out and women were filling the jobs that shop men who got drafted left, slacks was the "style' of the day.
Okay but wasn't it well into the 50's, even 60's, that girls were expected, maybe even required, to wear a dress to school?

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Dresses were the norm for outings in the 50s and into the 60s which was great on dates. Another advantage - pantyhose had not been invented then. :)

·
Premium Member
13,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dresses were the norm for outings in the 50s and into the 60s which was great on dates. Another advantage - pantyhose had not been invented then. :)
But you didn't answer my question. I was hoping you saw what I saw.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
What the young ladies had to wear to school. Maybe it was different where you lived.
Which school grade? Kindergarten? Senior in college? Somewhere in between? Seen 'em all, but I don't know exactly what it is you are referring to.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts