1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I can't tell you anything about the KP belt but on my XR measuring from the outside edge of 1 tooth to the outside edge of a 3rd tooth is 27mm. This logic eliminates 2 teeth so if I were looking for a shorter belt I would look for 1 with the same spaceing. This should pull your rear axle 13.5mm forward.

·
Premium Member
4,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't tell you anything about the KP belt but on my XR measuring from the outside edge of 1 tooth to the outside edge of a 3rd tooth is 27mm. This logic eliminates 2 teeth so if I were looking for a shorter belt I would look for 1 with the same spaceing. This should pull your rear axle 13.5mm forward.
I believe the 14mm pitch on the belts is correct...

It looks like I'll just have to count the freakin' teeth. I can take my OEM front pulley and set it in a Harley belt and check the pitch that way.

·
Premium Member
4,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Answered.

The OEM belt on the 2006/2007 Kingpin is:
14mm pitch, 1-1/8 wide, 147 tooth.

What I need is 145 tooth. I e-mailed Gates and they have nothing. My friend was doing some research and found that the belt for a Buell 1125R is 145 tooth (A Goodyear Belt).
This belt is 1" wide, but if it handles the power of a Buell 1125R, it should be OK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts