Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
July 2nd I finally received my XC.

I had the dealer put on a trunk, lowers, chin spoiler, inner fairing, exhaust tips, adom bombs, loydz cams, loydz timing gear, loydz filter, loydz 1/4 turn, satellite radio, PCV, Magnum seat and keyless ignition.

When I got the bike home I changed to a madstad windshield. I still have audio upgrades on my todo list.

I have put on 550 miles so far. Tuesday it goes back to the dealer for dyno tuning. This bike is great! I am coming from a VTX 1300 and the ride quality is amazing on this bike. It handles bumps great and I love the way it corners.

My only complaint is the engine heat. I took off my lowers but didn't like the wind hitting me. So I put them back on and choose the heat.

Here is some pictures

·
Super Moderator
6,382 Posts
adom bombs, loydz cams, loydz timing gear, loydz filter, loydz 1/4 turn

Sure didn't wait for the upgrades! Enjoy it!! Looks great!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fixed it. Guess you don't need keys to enter. Thanks for pointing that out.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Fixed it. Guess you don't need keys to enter. Thanks for pointing that out.
Are you talking about the new keyless ignition system from Victory, can you please elaborate about it?

I'm seriously considering it.

Thanks in advance!

Also, looks great, you are going to love this bike, I have virtually the same one!

·
Premium Member
6,232 Posts
Nice bike mate, enjoy the ride,

·
Registered
141 Posts
July 2nd I finally received my XC.

I had the dealer put on a trunk, lowers, chin spoiler, inner fairing, exhaust tips, adom bombs, loydz cams, loydz timing gear, loydz filter, loydz 1/4 turn, satellite radio, PCV, Magnum seat and keyless ignition.

When I got the bike home I changed to a madstad windshield. I still have audio upgrades on my todo list.

I have put on 550 miles so far. Tuesday it goes back to the dealer for dyno tuning. This bike is great! I am coming from a VTX 1300 and the ride quality is amazing on this bike. It handles bumps great and I love the way it corners.

My only complaint is the engine heat. I took off my lowers but didn't like the wind hitting me. So I put them back on and choose the heat.

Here is some pictures

I found that if you only open the lowers a little you get less heat while moving. Play with them until you find a setting you like.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
If you're current or prior Military you may want to consider the Digital Guard Dawg keyless ignition module. Guard Dawg has a great discount for Military which may also apply to Police and Fire Dept.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you talking about the new keyless ignition system from Victory, can you please elaborate about it?

I'm seriously considering it.

Thanks in advance!

Also, looks great, you are going to love this bike, I have virtually the same one!
I like it. The FOB is rechargeable. If the alarm is active and someone sets the bike up right or pushes the accessory button the alarm will activate. You can manual set the alarm or have it on auto. When in Auto, pushing the accessory button with the FOB in range shuts alarm off. Pushing the accessory button to shut battery off then activates the alarm.

I have not gone through all the settings yet but when reading the manual, it looks like you can change settings for the sensitivity and siren.

With the alarm active and the key fob in my pocket I just go up to the bike, push the big button on the cheese wedge (little beep from alarm goes off meaning alarm is deactivated, hit the starter switch and bike starts. If I didn't have the key fob, the alarm would of sounded when I hit the big button or if I leaned the bike up.

Also if the alarm is activated, it will come on your FOB why it was tripped.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I like it. The FOB is rechargeable. If the alarm is active and someone sets the bike up right or pushes the accessory button the alarm will activate. You can manual set the alarm or have it on auto. When in Auto, pushing the accessory button with the FOB in range shuts alarm off. Pushing the accessory button to shut battery off then activates the alarm.

I have not gone through all the settings yet but when reading the manual, it looks like you can change settings for the sensitivity and siren.

With the alarm active and the key fob in my pocket I just go up to the bike, push the big button on the cheese wedge (little beep from alarm goes off meaning alarm is deactivated, hit the starter switch and bike starts. If I didn't have the key fob, the alarm would of sounded when I hit the big button or if I leaned the bike up.

Also if the alarm is activated, it will come on your FOB why it was tripped.
Thanks for the info!

Just ordered it from Parts Plus, should be here by the end of the week!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Very nice! Welcome to the fam :). I've only enjoyed mine more with time, and this is my first non-sportbike. I still ride a sportbike as well, but this is hands down the best bagger I've ever ridden. Once the seat was broken in (3k miles or so), I could ride it all damn day. Really digging the color on that.

Enjoy and be safe!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My engine heat seemed to improve. I had it tuned and they said it was a bit lean in the mid rpm range. The short ride I took with it today, it seemed much better. Most of my popping went away as well.

I think I will explore some roads tomorrow :D

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I put hard lowers on my XC and like GrogAV said work with the vents and winglets to find the right flow for conditions.
On mine, in hot contions, full open or closed never works. I crack the vents from either position to get the right flow and use the winglets to direct air from the waist up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts