Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say hi to all. Im new on this forum. I am buying my first victory tomorrow! Its a 2004 kingpin. I have never owned a cruiser before but have had plenty of "rockets" and used to race motocross. So as a new victory owner I am not aware on the maintenance or where to buy accessories. So any tips would be awesome!

·
Registered
634 Posts
So, tomorrow 's gonna be a good day! This is your first Victory and the '04 was the first Kingpin. This is good all around. Good luck and many safe miles.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forums. Good solid powerplant that likes its oil changed regularly since its clutch and tranny are cooled by the engine oil. Only maintenance is oil change (3500 works best for me) and keeping throttle bodies cleaned. Accessories, a lot of good vendors here on the forums as well as advice. Intake, exhaust, and controller will bring out a beast in that engine without a ton of money spent. Get another post up and then start postin in the kingpin forum. Good luck and safe ridin

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will post pictures when I get it home. So oil changes every 3500 miles. that seems about average. My last bike I only put on 5500 miles last year. But with my new ride im afraid I will nvr get off the bike lol. The kp is coming with drag bars, floorboards, hard bags, and a windshield. Im not to sure if im going to like the drag bar feel when riding. I think im going to see if I can find the stock handlebars for sale somewhere. Looking for used if anyone has a set.

·
Premium Member
13,660 Posts
Nice! I just sold one with that same paint job. I bought it and then got an amazing deal on a purple and silver tribal flamed one with lots-o-bling about 6 months later so I sold the first one. Still didn't like seeing it go though. Would be nice to have a separate 2000 sf garage to just keep all the bikes in but that is for folks with money. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i saw this bike and i had the choice between this 04 kp or a 99 v92c.... the price was better on the v92 but the kp has that tear drop tank and i couldnt resist.

·
Premium Member
13,660 Posts
If you ever want to go to cast wheels for whatever reason; I have a set that needs to either be re-chromed or maybe de-chromed or maybe have some hydrographics done to them. The last option is the one I was going to go with. I'd let them go for $100 plus actual shipping from AZ.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
can you post a picture of the rims. I am not a fan of spoke rims but i nvr thought about buying a used set...

·
Premium Member
13,660 Posts
can you post a picture of the rims. I am not a fan of spoke rims but i nvr thought about buying a used set...
Sure thing. I'll do it tomorrow and send you a PM with the pics. The guy who sold them to me said the chrome was fine on the back rim but shot on the front. Turns out both rims need to be dealt with.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
yeah i saw this bike and i had the choice between this 04 kp or a 99 v92c.... the price was better on the v92 but the kp has that tear drop tank and i couldnt resist.
You made the right choice..freedom engine and tranyy headaches resolved! But I like the the first productions too. I'm with BBob. Wish I had a bigger garage and could afford a couple more. Lol

Good lookin bike!

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I have taken my Vegas to quite a few victory shops. It seems the best information and service I got was from individuals at the shop that owned victorys. Most of them have worked on them, but I feel if you have never owned one you can't supply me with the information I'd like.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts