Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a lot of hemming and hawing and researching, I finally got a Cross Country Tour. The dealer had a demo ride day, and I took out a XCT and a Vision. I was pleasantly surprised by both, especially the Vision -- I was not expecting that to handle as well as it does. Maybe if I get over the looks and saddlebags one day I'll get one of those.

I ended up getting a Bronze 2013 demo with 800 miles or so -- got a pretty good deal. Really pretty color and pretty bike. Picking it up next week. I'm having them put a shorter wind screen on it, as I'm not a fan of the look-through style, but I expect I'll have to mess with different wind screens to find the one that fits me. It's a shame it doesn't have the adjustable one like the Vision -- man that was nice.

All in all, I'm happy to be a part of the Victory family so far. Especially compared to the Harley dealers I've been to, the two Victory dealers I've visited didn't reek of bullshit and marketing. More of a "here it is, here's the deal we can do" attitude.

I'm eyeing the tri-oval exhaust and different tuner options. Still looking for the best Android phone interface (I'm not an Apple guy) -- I don't particularly care for the audio cable + USB deal -- I'd rather have some sort of bluetooth control. Any advice on this front is welcome and appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
Wow that's a nice looking bike.

Were you sitting on a snowmobile for that shot.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow that's a nice looking bike.

Were you sitting on a snowmobile for that shot.
Thanks!

And I was right in between a couple of snow mobiles actually, yea, heh. It was just about closing time when I signed the papers, so by the time I took this picture they were all packed up and ready to close. Was a tight fit trying to get a picture of the thing.

Really looking forward to picking it up.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
I seen that sumware......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Family. I am quite sure that you made a great choice. You will only grow to love these bikes more. I hear that the bronze color is not as fast as a black bike (known to be the fastest color). But I am quite sure after you tinker with your new bike you will be able to keep up.

Have fun and ride safe.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome aboard!! cheerscheers There is a thread in the Cross Country section at the top with an adapter for the people who do not want to use/have Iphones. There is also a thread for a dockboss adapter which allows you to stream music from your phone which uses bluetooth. Not real tech savy so I didnt post the links

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome, sweet bike.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Nice ride and love that color, very unique and not too many of that color around.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice ride and love that color, very unique and not too many of that color around.
I haven't seen any other ones in person -- in the sun it really is quite something.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'm really excited to pick it up later this week -- this is going to be a long few days. I'm hoping there are no snags, and they do the windshield like they said they would and replace the antenna that is split. Also hoping the weather cooperates.

Coming from a sportbike, I'm really looking forward to some serious miles and some long day trips.

I'm really interested in the idea of using it as a daily driver for the better part of this year -- so I can park my car and do some overdue repairs/maintenance. My biggest concern is rain. I feel shitty leaving a bike like this sit parked in the rain. This is my first tourer, so I'm still new to that side of things. Any advice? How do you guys deal with rain?

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
I haven't seen any other ones in person -- in the sun it really is quite something.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'm really excited to pick it up later this week -- this is going to be a long few days. I'm hoping there are no snags, and they do the windshield like they said they would and replace the antenna that is split. Also hoping the weather cooperates.

Coming from a sportbike, I'm really looking forward to some serious miles and some long day trips.

I'm really interested in the idea of using it as a daily driver for the better part of this year -- so I can park my car and do some overdue repairs/maintenance. My biggest concern is rain. I feel shitty leaving a bike like this sit parked in the rain. This is my first tourer, so I'm still new to that side of things. Any advice? How do you guys deal with rain?

I am a "fair weather" rider now but in the past I have used several bikes for daily riders. Since you have plenty of room in the saddlebags I would definitely invest in a cover. I've read quite a few post here about short term electrical issues due to rain. And it will keep your bike from sitting in the sun / elements all day when its dry.

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Good looking bike. Vic sells a bluetooth thingy that plugs into the radio for phone connectivity, but it's pricy. Part #2878916, $179.99

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am a "fair weather" rider now but in the past I have used several bikes for daily riders. Since you have plenty of room in the saddlebags I would definitely invest in a cover. I've read quite a few post here about short term electrical issues due to rain. And it will keep your bike from sitting in the sun / elements all day when its dry.
Thanks for that! I found a few on Amazon, one of them caught me eye: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GRS2G6[/ame]

I was thinking the same about packing it, in case it rains when I park at work, especially given how much storage is in the bike.

Good looking bike. Vic sells a bluetooth thingy that plugs into the radio for phone connectivity, but it's pricy. Part #2878916, $179.99
I'm not sure what the difference is between that and one of the iPod bluetooth connectors -- I wonder if it works better? I'll have to look into it. Example: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GNWMNMM[/ame]

Nice bike. I looked that over and was sold on the cross country at first. But after awhile, the vision grew on me. I like the color of your bike!
Thanks, I think so too :). They have grown on me as well -- and honestly after riding one, I think I could easily see myself riding one someday. Maybe after a couple of years if they address the saddlebag size I'll trade in my XCT for one. That was a damn nice bike to ride -- really impressed me, just as much if not more than the XCT.

Thanks again for all the feedback everyone. Seems like a nice group of folks here.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I'm going to pick my new bike up in an hour or so...actually kind of nervous. Definitely not accustomed to such a big bike, and have been riding my GSXR to work all week.

It's quite a bit chillier than I'd like, but I'm hoping the wind protection on the XC will save me :).

Wish me luck!

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
You'll be surprised how easy it is to ride, Oh and good luck..thumb up

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Finally in my garage! Rode it home (the long way) from the dealer, then to easter dinner with some family. Still a lot to get used to come off of a sportbike -- I very nearly dropped it at least once coming to a stop. I've learned to use much more rear brake when coming to a complete stop...

Thanks everyone for their feedback and help. All in all I'm pretty happy with it. And she sure is a looker.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts