Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is official!!!:D

I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a 2012 Jackpot. It was the last one on the floor and only had 14 miles on her. Had to contact a dealer that's nearly four hours away from my home town to get the deal done. The home town dealer was just too busy to assist me in getting this deal done.

I would like to thank everyone who provided me with their $0.02 on all the posts I submitted. I am really looking forward to all the fun that comes with dressing this bike up to fit my personality and just getting out and cruising down the road.

I haven't been able to take any real good picture but I have posted what were taken at the dealer. Once I get her home, I will be able to take and post better pics to post.

ENJOY!!!!!

Pic 1.jpg

Pic 4.jpg

Pic 5.jpg

Pic 2.jpg

Pic 3.jpg

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen, It is official!!!:D I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a 2012 Jackpot...
Wow, very nice! Congrats! cheers

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!
Now to figure out what upgrades to do next.

·
Registered
566 Posts
While it's hard to find a bad looking Victory, your Jacpot is one exceptionally beautiful bike! Have fun turning heads and getting baddgered at gas stations and store parking lots cheers

·
Registered
396 Posts
do'nt forget to carry a drool rag with you
for the ogelers!
:ltr:thumb up

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wifee's Modification

Well I didn't even get to get it home before the wife made her modification to the bike. I had to remove the pinup girl off the side. I guess that's a small price to pay to be able to cruise around on such a sweet ride. Here is a peak at the bike with the new cover without the pinup girl.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Where did you get it from? There was one in Corpus Christy, I have your twin (2011) I am currently in San Antonio.

I have made a few adds ( Ness Ram Bars, mirrors, iso grips and flamed seat and a set of Victory bags.)

The bike is well received everywhere

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
FYI There are chrome side covers on Ebay, actually my wife liked " Lady Luck" as do most observers when they see the bike.

Here is a pic with the wife's seat

Added a pic of my desert rose cactus

P.S. a little trick if you want the throttle to have less spring return, simply turn the adjuster nuts on the throttle cable out approx 1/8" and the throttle will stay put and still be easy to operate. Makes driving less fatiquing when you can let go of teh throttle without the engine backing down for a second. ( I am sure Victory dosen't condone this, but they did not wire the bike for cruise)

More pics please

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where did you get it from? There was one in Corpus Christy, I have your twin (2011) I am currently in San Antonio.

I have made a few adds ( Ness Ram Bars, mirrors, iso grips and flamed seat and a set of Victory bags.)

The bike is well received everywhere
Highrider, I found it on cycletrader.com and the dealer was in Fort Worth, TX. I called them up and told them to pitch me their best deal and after about a day of back and forth emails, we struck a deal. I tried to keep the business in San Antonio but they were stuck on themselves. First they didn't have the bike in stock and told me it would take five days to get it for me. Then they said that they would put together a price sheet for me and email it to me within the hour. Two days go by and still no email. I finally called them and found out that they had not even looked for the bike at another dealer. They told me that once they located one that they would put together the price sheet. The very next day, I called them back and was told that they were too busy to look for a bike for me until the next week. That’s when I had to take my business elsewhere. I must say that I think I got a pretty good deal by checking the dealer out in Fort Worth. Found an independent trucking company to transport it in an enclosed trailer to San Antonio for less than $300. It should be on its way to its new home as we speak. Now if I can find away to just transport myself out of Afghanistan and back to San Antonio to see it. Until then, I have to enjoy the pictures and keep up through you guys on the forum.

Once I return home I plan to add a couple of options to include ne lights, relocate the tag, handlebars and a seat for momma. She has already noticed that the seat is not made for two.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FYI There are chrome side covers on Ebay, actually my wife liked " Lady Luck" as do most observers when they see the bike.
P.S. a little trick if you want the throttle to have less spring return, simply turn the adjuster nuts on the throttle cable out approx 1/8" and the throttle will stay put and still be easy to operate. Makes driving less fatiquing when you can let go of teh throttle without the engine backing down for a second. ( I am sure Victory dosen't condone this, but they did not wire the bike for cruise)

More pics please
As far as lady luck goes, I think thats the wife's hint of no other ladies on the bike.:ltr::ltr:

Maybe we can get the siblings on the road together once I return home. What side of San Antonio do you live on?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PICs Before The Ride Home

Final pictures before the ride to long ride home

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cont:

Here's the final pic

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am near Seaworld, I am on assignement until Jan 2014 here in SA
The dealer here is a Honda / Polaris Shop , pretty sterile in their approach. I met the owner's son at their Kyle Store who returned from 2 years of factory training ( so he says) and is wanting to get his story more Victory Friendly and separate from their Honda side.
I introduced him to the VP of the Austin Victory Riders and they are going to try and get a sponsor going.

I like the guys in Corpus, they have your bike on the floor as well.

Stay safe over there.

You will enjoy this machine, it runs 85-90 so efforlessly. I went out to Borne for bike night and in 10 minutes I was passing the local HD store which I though was odd, but going 90+ does that.

·
Registered
108 Posts
P.S You will need a battery tender, I like the ones from Harley approx $45.00 at the dealer stores

If you will be away for a while I can assist your wife in installing one for you. It saves your battery as there always is an amp draw and without one the discharging will kill and lower the battery life.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts