Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
That is phenomenal!!! Any major repairs needed on your way to a 100k?

Fort Worth, TX | 2010 Victory Cross Roads

·
Registered
90 Posts
That is quite the milestone! It'll take a few years to reach that on mine! looking forward to many miles of motoring. Thanks for posting that buddy!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is phenomenal!!! Any major repairs needed on your way to a 100k?

Only major repair in my opinion was the clutch cable broke bout 3 months ago

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Congratulations!...I'm not quite there in miles yet, would've been if not for the dog incident and the resultant rebuild, but I'm heading there.
Sinking feeling when I saw the heading but!
Thought we may have lost you to Indian!!!:eek

Reactions: FoFo

·
Registered
12,330 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Only major repair in my opinion was the clutch cable broke bout 3 months ago
That's another great testimony of the quality of these bikes.

I was on a ride with a vision pilot where he went over 100K miles on a 2015. These bikes can go!

Reactions: Chattanooga Mark

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Congratulations rainman123, that's a B E A U T I F U L picture of your odometer! Is your intake/engine/exhaust stock or have you added some Lloyds and/or other goodies?

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Damn Rainman, I knew you did some riding but didn't know you were on 2 wheels that much! Congrats and hope you make it to the 200k mark on that XR!

Reactions: rainman123

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
WOW....I'd be 90+ years old before I got that many miles on a bike. :laugh

Reactions: whooshbang and Vivi

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Olde Bikers just keep on Keeping On.
Get out there and ride....anything
A Rolling Stone gathers no moss!

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Rainmain, I see your XR is suffering the same problem as mine with the "coating" coming off of the aluminum triple tree parts. It must be an age thing rather than a mileage thing because mine with 15k miles is doing the same thing. I have about quit washing my XR because every time I do more of that crap comes off.

Reactions: rainman123

·
Registered
426 Posts
Kinda reminds me of the article I saw on the tundra that made it to a million miles and then some.
I know more than a few who have between 330-480K on their 4runners and Tundras. Mine is a baby with only 156k on it.

But it is niice to know Vics can do it without too much issue. I have a few buddies with Harleys that hit over 100K too and haven't done much more than regular maintenance, and when I rode Beemers it was not uncommon to see some over 200-300K. Only Jap bikes I saw with high mileage were the Wings. Not so much the Brit or Italian bikes.

Nice to know Vics are this dang reliable. I work from home and only get out on weekends for the most part, so my Pin has only 10.5 on it.

Maybe we can get Toyota to buy Victory....:) Honda has its own bike line as well as Suzuki...why not?

·
Registered
27 Posts
That is some riding and a good to know how well these are built. Congrats on 100k. There is a guy I know over on the VRCC from Alabama who turned 500k the winter of 2016 and never touched the engine of his Valkyrie. Currently ridding it up in Alaska. Here's too 200k in a few years.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Very nice. I guess I need to pick up the pace.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
I was out west in September 2015 and a guy had a older 1100 Magna and it had 170K on it. He lived in New Jersey and I was talking to him at a bar in Jackson Hole Wyoming, Only thing major he said he did was he had the valves adjusted at around 100K he said and then the carbs gone though at 120K. Tires and oil changes was about it he said.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was out west in September 2015 and a guy had a older 1100 Magna and it had 170K on it. He lived in New Jersey and I was talking to him at a bar in Jackson Hole Wyoming, Only thing major he said he did was he had the valves adjusted at around 100K he said and then the carbs gone though at 120K. Tires and oil changes was about it he said.
Very typical of Honda 4 and 6 cylinders that have the routine maintenance taken care of. Of course most get sold so many times that one never knows what maint. has been done. Jackson Hole was the place to be yesterday, eclipse day. Toledo will be close to totality on April 8, 2024, as does where I live in Arcanum.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts