Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harley uses Eaglemark financing to get financed. its pretty easy to get financed thrhrough them with bad credit. Who does Victory use as their finance company and is it just as easy to get financed through Victory?

·
Registered
681 Posts
I haven't bought one new, but you could probably call your dealer and ask them and do some research on said company

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Harley uses Eaglemark financing to get financed. its pretty easy to get financed thrhrough them with bad credit. Who does Victory use as their finance company and is it just as easy to get financed through Victory?
These days , anyone can get financed ... You will just get whacked with a higher interest rate ...:(

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts
These days , anyone can get financed ... You will just get whacked with a higher interest rate ...:(
The Toecutter!....he's the one!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Mine is financed thru Toronto Dominion Dealer plan. 3.9% interest.

for you south of the border folk, that's a Canadian bank.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
My dealer actually uses local banks...
I guess depending on your credit...
Moms in foxboro was great to deal with!

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
The old guy chimes in........
I have a unique concept (actually not so unique as I have used this for decades) that you buy what you can afford to write the check for. Save or invest in a way that gets you interest, instead of having to pay it. You'll always have the title, instead of a lender and you'll never be upside down in the event of a crash. No pun intended...well maybe.:)

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts
The old guy chimes in........
I have a unique concept (actually not so unique as I have used this for decades) that you buy what you can afford to write the check for. Save or invest in a way that gets you interest, instead of having to pay it. You'll always have the title, instead of a lender and you'll never be upside down in the event of a crash. No pun intended...well maybe.:)
same here RICZ if I cant afford to pay cash I save up till I get what I need.
Saved up for my Vic and sold the other two bikes I owned to help buy it.

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
Never took a loan for bike or car in my life .... But when i wanted to pay the vic cash 40K, i was not allowed, i had to pay by 11 months due to the all-risk-insurance / roadtax / numberplate / coz i bought the first victory sold here, it took about 6 months to complete all the documentation

Anyway i wish i took a 3 year loan coz now i cannot insure the bike allrisk, only for 80% that sucks ..... Reason is that 1 vic rider crashed badly with less then 500 km on the clock ..

·
Registered
886 Posts
As other have said, I too try to only buy what I can afford at the time and I always buy the best I can. The better ones usually last longer whether it be tools, clothes, furniture, whatever. That being said though, you need to recognize limitations and set priorities. For most it's an easy decision when it concerns necessities like a house or car. For discretionary items, if you wait for everything you'll reach a point where for some reason you've missed the opportunity. Life goes on and **** happens. Wait too long and you get too old to ride the bike you always wanted. Wait too long and you miss taking that trip of a lifetime. Wait too long and you won't be physically capable of doing some activities. Wait too long and you've missed making times memorable for your family.

Wait too long and you've missed life.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Wait too long and you've missed life.

Yeah, I've watched my parents wait till they could afford to straight up pay for stuff to do/ buy them. I hate for them all the years of enjoyment they wasted just so they could save a buck on not paying interest. Now I hear, "I wish we could have afforded this many years ago." Well, they could have. They just wasted life and did without. Sad.

I can afford the interest, and I want my toys and trips now while I'm still young enough to enjoy them. And I plan to continue to enjoy them for many more years.

If I want it, I buy it....that is what financing is for. It's a good deal for me (I get what I want now) and a good deal for the finance company (they make money). Win, win.

Btw, I'm using a local bank at 3.9% interest. Went pre-approved to the dealership, with a trade and small downpayment ($1000).

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I have a rule that I only finance one thing at a time... My mortgage and one other payment is all I want to have. That makes it easily manageable.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Why take out all your money when you can just play with others money?? 1.9 on bike no early payment penalty and it's a payment that instead of me smoking away every month I pay for a bike!!!

·
Registered
12,151 Posts
I have no qualm with those who finance as long as they can maintain a cash reserve (equivalent to 3 months income) saved for emergencies. And are setting aside about 15% toward retirement. Its sad to hear the stats that most Americans have no savings and a pathetically insufficient amount set aside for retirement.
I have retired friends who fall into that category and are unable to go on multi day rides (or even an overnighter) with me. Theja take note--I now have a comfortable retirement because, like your parents, I denied myself many things earlier in life.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I have no qualm with those who finance as long as they can maintain a cash reserve (equivalent to 3 months income) saved for emergencies. And are setting aside about 15% toward retirement. Its sad to hear the stats that most Americans have no savings and a pathetically insufficient amount set aside for retirement.
I have retired friends who fall into that category and are unable to go on multi day rides (or even an overnighter) with me. Theja take note--I now have a comfortable retirement because, like your parents, I denied myself many things earlier in life.
Didn't you say you worked well past the normal retirement age?

·
Registered
539 Posts
I had the cash to buy mine but they were offering .99% for 3 years through Polaris. So I decided to keep my cash in the bank. In my case they used GE which is now Synchrony Bank.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts