Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
13,180 Posts
look in your owners book it will show you clutch lever free play.
You can only adjust your clutch when over night cold.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Yeah super easy for me as long as I am in first. Sometimes like in Dill's example as well, but not as consistent for me. Powertrain takes a while to break in, and it's pretty much always going to be a little rough in the tranny dept.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
09 Vegas should be broke in by now. How many miles on it.
At risk of oil thread a good oil changes at or before its due wont hurt, your early would have 2500 mile change interval same as my 010, I use good oil and have no problem running it up to the 5000 mile mark though I tend to change it around the 4000 mile mark depending on circumstances.
Every bike I've owned has been touchy to find neutral while stationary, helps if you can do it while still moving slowly I think and same with the Vic.
Helps that your clutch adjustment is spot on too.
And Dills method usually finds neutral if I'm already stopped.
If I'm sitting at a red light I'm in first gear anyway as a safety measure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
09 Vegas should be broke in by now. How many miles on it.
At risk of oil thread a good oil changes at or before its due wont hurt, your early would have 2500 mile change interval same as my 010, I use good oil and have no problem running it up to the 5000 mile mark though I tend to change it around the 4000 mile mark depending on circumstances.
Every bike I've owned has been touchy to find neutral while stationary, helps if you can do it while still moving slowly I think and same with the Vic.
If I'm sitting at a red light I'm in first gear anyway as a safety measure.
I just bought it from a dealer it has 3500 miles so its still fresh. I think it could be the oil, dealer said it was just change but never know. It was easy at the first 100 miles

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
I just bought it from a dealer it has 3500 miles so its still fresh. I think it could be the oil, dealer said it was just change but never know. It was easy at the first 100 miles
3500 well yeah everythings tight allright.
Say you had first change at 500 it would have been logbook due at 3000.
Do you trust the dealer?
Has the bike a logbook service record?
Are they a Vic dealer.
Oil changes are easy on Vics if yr handy with a spanner, well actually an Allen wrench and filter remover.
Your answers will dictate wether or not you change it again.
Go hunting on here theres lots of oil threads certainly to confuse you LOL!
If I was you I'd be out racking up some miles as youll love the prrformance as she loosens up and you bond with your machine. Takes a bit of time and miles to fully apreciate the
Victory experience.
Enjoy:)

Got any pix?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
3500 well yeah everythings tight allright.
Say you had first change at 500 it would have been logbook due at 3000.
Do you trust the dealer?
Has the bike a logbook service record?
Are they a Vic dealer.
Oil changes are easy on Vics if yr handy with a spanner, well actually an Allen wrench and filter remover.
Your answers will dictate wether or not you change it again.
Go hunting on here theres lots of oil threads certainly to confuse you LOL!
If I was you I'd be out racking up some miles as youll love the prrformance as she loosens up and you bond with your machine. Takes a bit of time and miles to fully apreciate the
Victory experience.
Enjoy:)

Got any pix?
well I trust them to a degree but they were a Arlen Ness dealer, I will change the oil just for peace of mind thinking about going with the t6 oil or whatever it is Rotella makes, everyone seem to love it

·
Registered
190 Posts
I notice it is very difficult to find neutral on my 2009 Vegas anybody have this issue
with

Switch to a full snythetic oil I use mobil1 20/50, problem solved.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts