Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from central Arkansas. Currently ride a v-star 1300 09 model, looking to trade it on a new 2011 xc. Still working on the steeler,we are $450.00 away from a deal. Anyone think he will lose a deal over 450??? I have checked the forum out for a few days and feel this is the place to get good info. Thanks in advance for the welcomes

·
Registered
71 Posts
Welcome and I hope your deal pans out the way you want. As far as do I think they'll do it? That all depends on how far they've come already. I seriously doubt you're like this, but I was just thinking about when one of my buddies was out with his fiancé who was car shopping. They couldn't close the deal on the car she wanted. When he told me how much she expected them to drop the price I accidentally laughed out loud. Boy was she pissed. But later when she calmed down she came to her senses. Problem was she went back to the same place, apologized for being unreasonable, and bent over. Took the first thing they threw on the table.
But like I said, I seriously doubt you're like that!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Like the last Guy said; it depends on how far he has already moved. If he hasn't budged on the price than your offer is reasonable. If he has moved and doesn't want to move anymore see if he'll toss in enough accessories to make it worth it to you. Which is better - $450 off the price or $450 in accessories? I personally would go with the accessories because $450 isn't going to make much of a difference in monthly payments.

·
13,003 Posts
Give them the 450 but tell them you want the first 500 mile check up for free.
That way you get half if not all your money back.
That or tell them you want 20% of the first $1000 on your choice of parts.
Now you have a chance of get some of your money back.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Welcome Victory Forums.

A couple of pointers. Please take the time to read the “Sticky” threads in the “Victory Forums Rules and New Members Introductions” forum. This will help you out a LOT with the Victory Forums.

The Search feature is your friend! You will find the answers to a lot of your questions by using it.

If you are asking questions that are of a technical/mechanical/electrical/performance nature, please place them in the “Victory Tech and Performance” forum. This will speed up a response. Placing them in the model specific forum can delay a response.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Give 'em all you got, but if they don't throw rocks at you as you leave, you didn't get the absolute lowest price. :ltr: If the whole dealership's outside, waving you on, with big friendly smiles on their faces, then you really got screwed. :crzy: :D :p :eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finger still on trigger

Thanks for all the suggestions I do appreciate them, still holding out for the $450. Oh and I didnt tell everyone I am 62 so this isnt my first rodeo, lol. Even if he doesnt come down to my price, I think I will still work on him with the first service free plus some free goodies from the store. Once again thanks for the suggestions. Keep em coming cant have to many ideas to work with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts