Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so stoked. Aced the course, now I can go to DMV tomorrow , get my license and ride whenever I want. I waited 25 yrs for my wife to give permission, so this means more to me than most of you understand.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I'm so stoked. Aced the course, now I can go to DMV tomorrow , get my license and ride whenever I want. I waited 25 yrs for my wife to give permission, so this means more to me than most of you understand.
Stay stoked my friend...the best is yet to come!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Congrats, I still remember that awesome day when I got my license and was able to go on my first ride. I still get that same feeling at the start of every ride. You'll see what I mean.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Congratulations.
Practice your maneuvers. Remember, everything out there, including yourself, given the opportunity, will kill you.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Congrats, man!! I understand entirely. It took my a little over 10 years to warm my lady up to it. I've been riding since 2006. Definitely keep practicing those maneuvers and especially the quick stops. I can't tell you how many times that training and all other subsequent training I've done has saved my hyde. cheers:Dcheers

·
Registered
12,241 Posts
You are doing it right so far. Practice everything they taught and then later, take an advance course of some kind. I took Reg Pridmore's CLASS when he brought it to Portland International Raceway. There were 3 or 4 levels and you can choose the one you are most comfortable with. I learned a ton of info and skills that day in the best venue I could think of. Money well spent.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Ride safe, by the way, how long before the wife lets you get a bike ....thumb up

·
Registered
586 Posts
The MSF course is a great way to start. I actually did my road test through the DMV as a backup, but passed. My wife beat me to the MSF fall course, so I had to catch up with her in the spring. All 3 sons have taken MSF course. Best thing I learned was to keep right foot on brake and put left foot down when stopping. Keeps your brake lights on and holds bike in place for hill starting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
thumb up Congrats on passing and the new bike ! Now you got yours, be careful that the little lady wants one too - the up side is that you will have 2 bikes to choose from.:ltr:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Congrats!!!!thumb up I can almost remember that shiny new license feeling, ALMOST. ;)

Be safe, practice, practice, practice and dress accordingly. Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I went to DMV and got my license. Came home and hoped right on the bike for a ride. I was grinning ear to ear the whole way. There won't be another bike for awhile because I was informed today the wife booked a ten day Disney trip for the family. I guess she had to get something too.

Yours truly,

A BROKE MAN

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Congrats on the bike, the license, the class. I took off 20 years from riding due to having little kids at home. Wife gave me a window of opportunity and I jumped right through it. On my third bike since that window.

Have fun and enjoy Disney. Remember its the happiest place on earth. I always have a blast there.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Congrats! Very wise decision to take the course. The principles you learn in the course can and will keep you alive and breathing if used properly and never stop learning. thumb up

I'm considering getting the "Ride like a pro" instruction video to brush my skills up as well. It's been quite a few years since taking the MSF course myself.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Congrats on the bike, the license, the class. I took off 20 years from riding due to having little kids at home. Wife gave me a window of opportunity and I jumped right through it. On my third bike since that window.

Have fun and enjoy Disney. Remember its the happiest place on earth. I always have a blast there.
Contrary to popular belief Disney, while a wonderful experience, is NOT the happiest place on Earth. The Lottery Claims office is!:D Been there, Done that!!!!:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I will have you know that I won $4 in the monster powerball last month. That is right $4. Don't contact me I have all the friends I need.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts