Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you guys would all like to see my turbo job i just finished on my Jackpot. I think it turned out pretty good and shes fast now!
Not very good pics but they work :D

LIFE'S BETTER WITH A TURBO :)

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well basically built it all myself.
I bought the turbo - its a garrett
bought all the piping, welded it up, fitted it all etc.etc.
basically bought all the stuff from summit except the turbo.
metal master here locally did the chrome for me
other than that ya thats about it.
LLoydz is working on a programmer for me right now and ill be good to go. I love it and its a ton of fun!
I was thinking about building kits and selling them but i don't know if i have the time it was alot of work but probably wont be as hard the next one. Once i get the programmer on ill get it dyno'd and see where im at. I think ill get about 30hp (knock on wood) we'll see.
But you can sure feel the difference. The front wheel just wants to jump off the ground. It's currently wastegated at 8-9 psi and theres alot left i could boost up but dont want to blow up stuff just yet :D
If i were to build the kits i would probably sell them for around $1800 - $2000 but not sure yet, that would include everything and the programmer. Well see

·
Registered
115 Posts
That's awesome. Even better that you built it yourself. I wasn't sure if it some aftermarket kit or not. I hope you get big gains from it. I saw a Vegas at a bike show last week with NOS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had Lloydz build me a 106 Stroker that I put in my Vegas. Just dynoed it after 2000 miles and I hit 125.5 HP and 127.5 tourque at the rear wheel.

This kit wasn't cheap but worth every penny. I can list the front wheel about 3 feet and hold it for about 40 feet and that is without using the clutch, just rolling around 20 mph, revs around 3000 and wack the throttle... :)

Luv it...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had Lloydz build me a 106 Stroker that I put in my Vegas. Just dynoed it after 2000 miles and I hit 125.5 HP and 127.5 tourque at the rear wheel.

This kit wasn't cheap but worth every penny. I can list the front wheel about 3 feet and hold it for about 40 feet and that is without using the clutch, just rolling around 20 mph, revs around 3000 and wack the throttle... :)

Luv it...

That's sweet man. I gotta get my dyno'd to see how well it does. Loyd's a great guy to work with. Now you should put a turbo on that stoker and some big injectors :D Then you'll be up in the 150 hp range.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well its working out pretty good. The new controller from LLoydz has really made a difference. Still trying to get it tuned just right but its running pretty dang good and its fast. I've made a few minor changes to the setup but other than that i love it, like you said, it was worth every penny.

·
Registered
355 Posts
new to the site and this is the first thing i see......right on!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Vegasman

what size is your turbo? or what other applications was it intended for? and if i may ask.......... whats the price tag?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what size is your turbo? or what other applications was it intended for? and if i may ask.......... whats the price tag?
The turbo i used was intended for small ricer cars like the jetta, honda, etc. I calculated the turbo size out based off garrets recommendations. They have great stuff on their website on sizing turbo's. One of the smallest turbos garret makes is the size that i used. I believe its comparable to the GT1544.
Price tag for me to build it ended up being about $700-$800 if i remember correct. I went with a rebuilt turbo to save a few $$ and everything else was brand new and Loydz made the programmer for me.
I want to build and sell kits but i just don't have the time to do it all.

·
Registered
257 Posts
thats awesome dude i was just looking at some on ebay and think i might go for it its way cheaper than putting in a 110 or evn a 104 kit and you still get big power ....... although both would be nice, anyone care to sponser a starving college students dreams?:D

·
Registered
110 Posts
The turbo i used was intended for small ricer cars like the jetta, honda, etc. I calculated the turbo size out based off garrets recommendations. They have great stuff on their website on sizing turbo's. One of the smallest turbos garret makes is the size that i used. I believe its comparable to the GT1544.
Price tag for me to build it ended up being about $700-$800 if i remember correct. I went with a rebuilt turbo to save a few $$ and everything else was brand new and Loydz made the programmer for me.
I want to build and sell kits but i just don't have the time to do it all.
I have a Lloydz 114 ci with a few other goodies including forged rods to handle extra power and Nitrous among several other things. Both Llordz and Freadom Power Sports are great to work with!!!

I was thinking of adding an intercooled turbo from them after I get used to this. Llordz says it can put out in excess of 2oo HP to the rear wheel.

I am going with a drag racer Earl the Pearl to do some racing together. He has a 187+ HP drag bike called MoFast!

Let me know what your bike Dyno's at and if you take it to the the track you et's. Keep me posted about you bike. What part of the country are you from? I met a guy from KC that installed an intercooled turbo at Daytona. He took it to NY to Lloydz to work the bugs out and Dyno tune it. Those who haven't had their bikes Dyno tuned by an expert like Lloydz it's a small investment for a lot of extra power getting the most out of what you have (it also took the backfiring out and even got a little better fuel millage out of it and the bike was smoother).

Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
110 Posts
Kevin, since I have about 126 HP in Florida to the rear wheels do you think that means 166 HP w/o the Nitrous. How do you think Nitrous and Turbos interact? I am driving to Florida to get my Bay Boat and bring it back up here from the Keys around Memorial Day. I hope to stop by Gainesville and buy you lunch or dinner unless you want to join me in the Keys for a few day.

I would like to be as fast or faster than Metric Sports Bikes on the Drag Strip but still civil enough to go for a ride but have that ohhh Wow effect for the radio stations!

Thanks, Steve Butler

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Any updates on this?

Dyno numbers, tuning issues?

Been tossing this idea around since I'm about to build some pipes anyways, for under a grand, a turbo setup would be tits.

well its awesome to say the least. I never got around to doing the dyno but defiantly some serious power gains, hard to keep the rear tire under you. Tuning was a bit challenging but once you understand how the controller works then its relatively easy. If you all ready have a fuel controller its the same concept. I did end up upgrading to msd coil packs and bigger wires for a hotter spark and that helped alot.

·
Registered
290 Posts
i'm giving this thread a bump, just beacause.... and i'm thinking about doing this myself.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Had this in mind for a project next winter, interested to see what happens with the programming.

·
Registered
976 Posts
That looks crazy! Did it muffle the sound of the Vtwin at all? I would love to hear a clip!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts