Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are you and what do you collect?

I think my very first post was me spilling the beans on some of my collection, mostly WW2-end of cold war era stuff. Not just firearms either.

But I started to think that with this being a slightly older crowd, you guys have all the cool toys, As of right now I'm 29 and have a decent collection, in fact I am in the middle of redoing my M1 garand.

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
I have an extensive collection of WWII rifles. I think I have all infantry rifles except the M1 carbine.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just sold my carbine, it was a plainfield, going to save up and get a real one once the CMP gets more in, but you didn't hear that from me.

My next one will be a SVT-38 or 40, or a Japanese arisika.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
My dad still has an old Marlin 25N. It's in excellent shape.
That's it for us, however.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I have an extensive collection of WWII rifles. I think I have all infantry rifles except the M1 carbine.
Vin- Im coming to your joint next time Im in the US :)

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
BTW- can you guys post pictures of your collections?

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
Vin- Im coming to your joint next time Im in the US :)
Let me know we'll do that.

I just sold my carbine, it was a plainfield, going to save up and get a real one once the CMP gets more in, but you didn't hear that from me.

My next one will be a SVT-38 or 40, or a Japanese arisika.
I have both Arisika's the type 38 and the type 99 both with mums intact. The type 99 is first year production with chrome lined bore, mono pod, anti aircraft sights and dust cover all number matching except the dust cover. The type 38 was retired to training it has the Japanese writing branded on the side designating the school where it was used.

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
WOW your brother does beautiful work.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have an M1 carbine. I need new mag springs though.

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
Please post a photo of each of your firearms and include calibers and serial numbers. Your name, SSN and address should be included.
Eric Holder,
United States Attorney General
P.S. My boss told me to do this.

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
I have an M1 carbine. I need new mag springs though.
Is is WWII era? I had a friend with a Rock-Ola M1 that I tried to get him to part with it but he wouldn't. The rock-Ola is the M1 for collectors as the production was low and was made by a Jukebox maker.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really really really want to get a M1A, but I just cant swing the price tag right now, I start each year with a list of five that I want to get.
1. Tavor
2. M1A
3. Over&under 12 gauge/cant decide on which one
4. Glock 41
5. SVT-40

·
Registered
290 Posts
Is is WWII era? I had a friend with a Rock-Ola M1 that I tried to get him to part with it but he wouldn't. The rock-Ola is the M1 for collectors as the production was low and was made by a Jukebox maker.

Yep. It's from the 40's. It's original, other than the shorter barrell. My great grampa stuck it in the mud and blew the end of the barrell up and had to have it cut.

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
Yep. It's from the 40's. It's original, other than the shorter barrell. My great grampa stuck it in the mud and blew the end of the barrell up and had to have it cut.
That's to bad but correct barrels are fairly plentiful so it can be replaced.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The CMP stores can do barrel swaps, but any qualified smith can do it as well, I went and did a course for Basic smith work, trigger jobs, problem solving, just the usually stuff.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Please post a photo of each of your firearms and include calibers and serial numbers. Your name, SSN and address should be included.
Eric Holder,
United States Attorney General
P.S. My boss told me to do this.
:ltr::ltr::ltr: Please include immediate family members names also with SS #'s

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hey guys, American gun laws confuse me. I came across a couple of these recently. In the states that allow you to carry, would something like this ever be legal? I found a couple for modern 9mm but this one looked the coolest.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
In certain states that is perfectly legal , as long as the weapon is under your direct control , IE: within your reach . In the Communist state I live in :D , you can only carry concealed , as not to upset the Liberals ... But in the Free States , such as my Neighbor NH , you can carry your gun right on your hip in plain sight . thumb up

·
Registered
530 Posts
In certain states that is perfectly legal , as long as the weapon is under your direct control , IE: within your reach . In the Communist state I live in :D , you can only carry concealed , as not to upset the Liberals ... But in the Free States , such as my Neighbor NH , you can carry your gun right on your hip in plain sight . thumb up
Man its (hopefully) unnecessary, but looks bad ass. When the world goes all "Mad Max-y" Im doing it. :cool:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts