Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put on appx 1400 kms over the 3 days. Came across 4 other Vic owners, rode part way with 2 of them (separately).

Got a raised arm/circling finger from a rider yeaterday that saved my bacon but the two cages behind me got nailed when they roared past me when we got to a passing lane LOL

Have a little over 4500 km on the bike now .... sounds and performs great. Was getting a tad hot during the last two days and am noticing the heat against my leg .... CATs are coming out this week and plan to wrap the pipes as well.

All-in-all we're very happy with the XCT! Best all around cruising/touring bike I've owned!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Thanks for the hand signal knowledge. Was passed once by a cyclist that was tapping his helmet. Figured it out when I discovered my headlight was out. Know of any source of other helpful hand signals for passing bikes.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the hand signal knowledge. Was passed once by a cyclist that was tapping his helmet. Figured it out when I discovered my headlight was out. Know of any source of other helpful hand signals for passing bikes.
I googled but was unable to see any of that sort.... most are for group riding.

However, I did find this one and it shows the tapping on the helmet as being the same as I described. Heck, maybe the guy was actually tapping his helmet ... he went by so fast, I might have been confused about that but not what it meant LOL

http://home.comcast.net/~teighe/site/?/page/HAND_SIGNALS/&PHPSESSID=1aef4484de53a1907eba81f33bed06d7

·
Registered
91 Posts
Guess maybe I'm showing age or another era but anytime someone is tapping on their helmet coming the other way it's clearly meant there's a speed trap ahead.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess maybe I'm showing age or another era but anytime someone is tapping on their helmet coming the other way it's clearly meant there's a speed trap ahead.
I saw some conflicting reason's when I googled "motorcycle hand signals"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts