Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This June 21st I'm setting out on my first multi state ride on my new XCT! I'll be meeting Kris "Netnorske" in Estes Park Colorado with about 50 of our friends. Our old group meets every year to some state for a week of fun! Since Kris and I just bought new XCT's this is going to be the "maiden" voyage for us both! Be gone 10 days traveling about 3,000 miles total.

I'm sure most of you know that feeling I'm having right about now!! cheers

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Safe ridin bro and enjoy the new ride out on the road... I swear my first trip I heard mine say "Thanks, I needed that!"... hehehehe

·
Registered
827 Posts
This June 21st I'm setting out on my first multi state ride on my new XCT! I'll be meeting Kris "Netnorske" in Estes Park Colorado with about 50 of our friends. Our old group meets every year to some state for a week of fun! Since Kris and I just bought new XCT's this is going to be the "maiden" voyage for us both! Be gone 10 days traveling about 3,000 miles total.

I'm sure most of you know that feeling I'm having right about now!! cheers
To help pass the time before the ride, read as many ride reports that others have posted. There's not a lot of RR on this forum, but pashnit has some good reading.
In my signature are just a few of my larger rides.

Enjoy your ride and mine too.

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
Assuming this is your first long ride, here are some tips...
1. Take half the clothes and twice the money you intend to pack. Every item of clothing should do double or triple duty - think layering. 2. Pack for every weather possibility. 3. Carry water that you can consume under way somehow. 4. A cool vest and/or cool tie is a must as is good rain gear. 5. Have lots of fun.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fortunately this is not my first big ride. I rode my Kawasaki Nomad to Sturgis. But I appreciate your advice nonetheless. first big ride on the new Vic.!!

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Enjoy ... Loved my 3K+ trip to the Ozarks without problem 1 .. Looking forward to the next one ..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Enjoy the ride Brad, wish I was heading down as well. I'm just over 14,000km in the 6 weeks I've owned my XCT, will settle down a bit now until August when we leave for another big trip.

·
Registered
85 Posts
fortunately this is not my first big ride. I rode my Kawasaki Nomad to Sturgis. But I appreciate your advice nonetheless. first big ride on the new Vic.!!

I am a moderator over on the advrider.com. There are some incredible ride reports there and people who have ridden multiple continents. Some very good reading and pics there.

Enjoy your ride. My first big XCT ride is coming up next month. I am riding out to Crested Buttte CO!

·
Registered
827 Posts
I am a moderator over on the advrider.com. There are some incredible ride reports there and people who have ridden multiple continents. Some very good reading and pics there.

Enjoy your ride. My first big XCT ride is coming up next month. I am riding out to Crested Buttte CO!

I agree. There is almost too much to read over on ADV. Pashnit has some great reading also. I've written 15 or so ride reports over on the pashnit site. Maybe there should be a place here on Victory Forum for some RR's.

I'm headed out in 2 weeks for a 10 day ride. I will be heading to the Yosemite area to ride with some other Pashnit riders for 3 days and then head clear up to Seattle area to meet my wife for a wedding. After the wedding (her son's best buddy) my wife and I will be checking out the Washington area a bit. Rainier and Mt Saint Helens. maybe the North Cascades Highway too.

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
Ken, Have you not done Hwy.20, the North Cascades? Its like riding through a park and you will never forget it once you've done it.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Ken, Have you not done Hwy.20, the North Cascades? Its like riding through a park and you will never forget it once you've done it.
Yes but it was 10 or so years ago. It was later in the season, so there was no snow left on the mountains.

I haven't done fs25 yet so that's on the list.

My wife and I like Leavenworth. She likes the stores and I like the food.

So much to see, so little time.

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
So much to see, so little time.
Take care of your health and your finances and with luck, you'll have a good retirement with sufficient funds and health and riding skills. Then you will be writing; So many roads, so little time.thumb up

·
Registered
85 Posts
I agree. There is almost too much to read over on ADV. Pashnit has some great reading also. I've written 15 or so ride reports over on the pashnit site. Maybe there should be a place here on Victory Forum for some RR's.

I'm headed out in 2 weeks for a 10 day ride. I will be heading to the Yosemite area to ride with some other Pashnit riders for 3 days and then head clear up to Seattle area to meet my wife for a wedding. After the wedding (her son's best buddy) my wife and I will be checking out the Washington area a bit. Rainier and Mt Saint Helens. maybe the North Cascades Highway too.
We should have a ride reports forum here. Any of you have any sway with the moderators? I'll have to look at Pashnit.

If your travels happen to take you over near Bishop CA which is due east of Yosemite, try your best to ride CA hwy 395 just west of Bishop. I can promise you that you will giggle your ass off! It's the most fun you can have on a straight road!

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
We should have a ride reports forum here. Any of you have any sway with the moderators? I'll have to look at Pashnit.

If your travels happen to take you over near Bishop CA which is due east of Yosemite, try your best to ride CA hwy 395 just west of Bishop. I can promise you that you will giggle your ass off! It's the most fun you can have on a straight road!
Pashnit.com is a membership site that charges a mere $20/year. Lots of excellent info and descriptions there about roads and what's along them. Pashnitforum.com is free and almost as informative. You will meet the nicest people there. cheers

·
Registered
264 Posts
Enjoy your trip!thumb up

I'll be taking my first long weekend trip with my Cross Roads in July. Going to the Ozarks which will be over 1000 miles round trip. I finally got the head buffeting issue resolved and am ready for the longer ride now.

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
Enjoy your trip!thumb up

I'll be taking my first long weekend trip with my Cross Roads in July. Going to the Ozarks which will be over 1000 miles round trip. I finally got the head buffeting issue resolved and am ready for the longer ride now.
Hey XKnight, 194 posts and still no info about your bike or where you hang your helmet. Time to fess up. We'd like to know where that 1,000 mile ride begins.:confused:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hey XKnight, 194 posts and still no info about your bike or where you hang your helmet. Time to fess up. We'd like to know where that 1,000 mile ride begins.:confused:
Somewhere in the Republic of Texas. Where else is there? :)

What do you want to know about my bike? It's a leftover 2012 XR that I bought in March of 2013. 2500 trouble free miles with a Llyodz air filter, PC5 and Magnaflow exhaust mod. I'm riding it in the pic below.

·
Registered
12,327 Posts
And its the correct color! Add that info in a signature, That helps others to help you. Wanna let out some more oomph? Install Lloydz adjustable timing wheel. Great results for not a lot of $$. Easy to install.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
And its the correct color! Add that info in a signature, That helps others to help you. Wanna let out some more oomph? Install Lloydz adjustable timing wheel. Great results for not a lot of $$. Easy to install.
Or the VFCIII right RICZ:cool: I'm just giving RICZ a hard time. If your wanting to put some more pep n the step toss up what your looking for. Lots of good solid feed back. The ATS is awesome and you got a good lookin ride btw! The bike info about our mods is helpful too and that's coming from a fellow Texan. West Texas that is. Hehe. Safe ridin!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts