Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im brand new to this site and just picked up my first bike.. an 06 vegas nuclear sunset. I'm extremely happy with my purchase as I get compliments everywhere I go and have more than enough power (for now) to do whatever I may need. It came with Victory performance drag pipes and I believe an ecu remap according to the seller. So far Ive only installed a tach and ness mirrors but looking forward to throwing alot more money her way! Anyone got any ideas of a good way to start performance mods? The plan was to go with an S&S intake, PCIII, and get her dyno'ed. Any advice would be much appreciated! Ill have pics up as soon as I figure out how to upload!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Beautiful bike! I understand the compliments. Looks like a billet rim on the front and maybe chrome forks? Should ride a long time for you. Enjoy!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks KingpinRider! I sure hope so! Sitting at 4200 miles right now so I figure I got a good ways to go.

·
Premium Member
8,934 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Thanks KingpinRider! I sure hope so! Sitting at 4200 miles right now so I figure I got a good ways to go.
I ride an '08 Kingpin and people still ask if it is a new bike. I've been riding it four years and it has 20,000 miles on it now. 100K miles is not unheard of. At 4200, yours is hardly broken in. Enjoy twisting the throttle for many miles more!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice ride.

Let's see, where to start.....

The S&S would be a good intake, it comes with a map from S&S that the dealer can install.
Most folks like the '05 Hammer map for this application instead of the '06 map recommended. Either can be installed. If the dealer is familiar with S&S maps and has successfully done them, I might be inclined to just do that. If they have no experience with them I might not.

Lloydz also has a good intake as well as PMRT, but the PMRT is getting harder to find I think.

Lloydz torque tubes are a good option also.

Any of these is going to require taking a reciprocating saw to the stock airbox, so some experience doing it is a good thing. Must be extra careful not to nick any wires.

If you don't trust the S&S map or possibly want more upgrades then a fuel controller is a better option.

You don't say where you are, but if you live in the middle of the country give Rylan Voss a call at The Vic Shop. In the southeast, it's Kevin Cross at Southern Motorworx. In the northeast of course it's Lloydz.

There are possibly many more good shops, but either of those guys are a phone call away for some good advice.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I appreciate the compliments you guys! Rocketo, Ive been researching a good bit on here and found Lloydz seems to have a great rep. I'm currently stationed in San Diego though so the only Vic dealer around here is Southbay Motorsports which doesn't seem to really specialize in anything specific. Odds are ill be doing most installations myself. As far as a fuel controller is concerned, a PC3 is what I plan on installing at the moment and it will go on at the same time as a new intake. Gotta get the money together first though! One thing I am concerned about is the chrome. I dont have anywhere to store my baby inside and with the san diego salty air I was wondering if anyone may have any advice on how to deal with it? Again I appreciate all the help!

·
Premium Member
8,934 Posts
I appreciate the compliments you guys! Rocketo, Ive been researching a good bit on here and found Lloydz seems to have a great rep. I'm currently stationed in San Diego though so the only Vic dealer around here is Southbay Motorsports which doesn't seem to really specialize in anything specific. Odds are ill be doing most installations myself. As far as a fuel controller is concerned, a PC3 is what I plan on installing at the moment and it will go on at the same time as a new intake. Gotta get the money together first though! One thing I am concerned about is the chrome. I dont have anywhere to store my baby inside and with the san diego salty air I was wondering if anyone may have any advice on how to deal with it? Again I appreciate all the help!
A bit cruel leaving her outside in salty air!
You could move to somewhere where you can get your bike inside, or sell and get ab all black 8-ball.
My Vegas is shedded but not babied, I ride in all conditions and inly a couple of miles from the beach, some minor parts are getting rust already.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Awesome bike for your very first. Do you really need more power?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Motorbikerx, I do keep her covered every night, however, she's my only form of transportation now so I really have no way of keeping the sun and salty air from getting to her during the day. I was thinking about trading in and grabbing a new high ball (love the look of mini apes, which I'm thinking about putting on my bike) but I really wanna pay the bike off and continue from there. I was offered in trade-in what I paid for the bike but I really think it's worth more than that due to the low mileage. As of now though I'm really happy with what I've got as long as I dont run into any unexpected issues.

Ragtopdodge, Thanks man! I leaerned my dad's 89 heritage and a 80 shovel back home so this bike is a step up from those in terms of power, so I guess I dont necessarily "need" more but I figure it wont hurt. Everyday riding for me consists of interstate between 70-85 and coasting in 1-3 gear when I get into Coronado for work (kills my mpg, avg is 33). Really Im kinda lost as to where to start upgrading performance wise due to this and I want to solve any issues that may exist already, but obviously since its my first bike Im not too familiarized with how to diagnose things that may seem (to me) as out of the ordinary.

·
Premium Member
8,934 Posts
Suggest you have a look at Burleigh Bars.
Pick the style you like, theyre in 304 Stainless so wont rust,
Ive managed to secure a discount of $100 Aust. Off a set for Victory Forum members!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts